Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VZW to buy (GSM) West Virginia Wireless

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Hokie Pride, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Hokie Pride

Hokie Pride New Member

Verizon has an application with the FCC to Tranfer Control of Key Communications, LLC (West Virginia Wireless).This includes 5 BTA's Charleston,WV; Huntington,WV; Ashland,KY; Bluefield,WV and Beckley,WV.
    Here is link to FCC filing:

FCC Application

West Virginia Wireless

2. rgtechwv

rgtechwv New Member

This is good stuff. I look forward to Vz Wireless' presence in West Virginia. They've been noticably absent. With their entry into our market, I'm hoping they will add some serious competition which may result in lower prices.

3. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Deal won't be completed until Spring to Summer 2007 and it might be a year from now until they get the CDMA network up and going. Once the CDMA network is up and going VZW will start selling wireless plans in there name. This will heat up competition, but I doubt price on plans will go down.

4. rgtechwv

rgtechwv New Member

Excellent! Thanks for this information. I'd be happy to hear any further information you may have on this deal whether or not it's confirmed...Vz Wireless just getting their foot in the door in WV is a good thing. It will certainly put the other providers on notice that they should get their acts together. With the low churn rate at VzW, competitors should be doing whatever they can to HOLD ON to their existing customers who most certainly will be tempted to jump ship at some point...

5. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

This is all 1900 MHz
    requiring more Cell Sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    It's all built out anyway, even at 1900 MHz... it's just GSM at the moment instead of CDMA. WV Wireless is probably the best coverage in that state at the moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

What happen to the 850 MHz in WV?

8. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Dobson Cellular One has 850 MHz -- not sure who else.