Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VXa8300 questions

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by yaworski, Jun 14, 2010.

1. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

As I said in my other thread, I'm replacing my old VX6100. The replacement is another antique, the VX8300.

A few questions.

The same USB driver for this phone as for the VX6100 which I described in my other thread. Any ideas where to get drivers other than from LG?

Start up screen. On the 6100, I can set the picture to be displayed during power up. I can't find a way to do that with the 8300. Is there a way?

Speed dial 1? For as long as I've had a cell phone, speed dial 1 has been HOME. The 8300 insists on making that voice mail. Is there a way to change that?

Do ringtones have to be MIDI files?

I'm sure that I'll have more questions but those are the pressing ones.

Thanks. I don't post here often but I've found this site to be a valuable resource.