Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX9800 USB Cable Help

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by meddie, Jan 5, 2006.

1. meddie

meddie New Member

First I apologize if this info is stated somewhere else, I am new to the site and did look around but found nothing that would help so decided to post.

I HAVE:

LG VX9800 Phone (The V)
    USB DATA CABLE - this is the cable that has a small power pack looking thing in the middle of the line from the phone to the usb connector with a red light that will come on when it is plugged in. Also there is a tag on the line that says: This unit is not for use with handset models VX4500, VX4600 and VX6000. Because of this tag I didn’t bother to try any of the help suggestions I read about the VX6000 cable.

MY PROBLEM:

I just ordered this cable on line and it arrived today but with no software. The computer will not recognize it and I have found nothing online at LG or anywhere else for the drivers and software.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find the drivers and software I need to start using the cable with my new phone? Or where I can order the cd I need.

Thanks to anyone who offers advice and help

Michael

2. meddie

meddie New Member

so I take it:

1. not to many people have this phone
    2. or anyone with the phone has no idea

... ... if anyone has the same problem i have heard the cord i bought will work with the phone however they company LG or whoever has not yet put out a program to use on the computer for the phone and cord.

... ... anyways any help would be great

3. Rumluver

Rumluver New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well I picked mine up yesterday. I have always had good luck with Future Dial but I have had a Sprint phone. Are you trying to get on line with it or just up load stuff?