Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX8350 Battery issues

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jl92195, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jl92195

jl92195 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Chocolate VX8550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    We have 2 8350's. They have to be charged 2 or 3 times PER DAY with light or sometimes NO USAGE at all. Whats up with this? Both the phones are the same. I made a call that was under a minute today and sent a few texts, that was all, and my battery is half way down. My old phone under Sprint (which I thought was bad) only needed a charge every 2 days or so. My aunt who uses her 8500 constantly says she only charges it once a week.

2. captkirk99

captkirk99 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You may already know this by now, but CNet's review from last year said this phone had trouble with battery life:
    LG VX8350 - black (Verizon Wireless) Cell Phone reviews - CNET Reviews
    I would take them back to the store where you bought them and complain.
    If they were "Certified Pre-Owned", those may have been old batteries. I don't know Verizon's policy on replacing batteries for a refurbed phone before selling it to the next customer. If you spend a lot of time in an area with low signal, your battery will drain looking for signal. Last tip: make sure you don't have an open connection to the data network (GetItNow!), and that the phones have the latest & greatest firmware.