Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX8100 battery

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by DeathRider, Feb 9, 2007.

1. DeathRider

DeathRider Member

My Phone:
    LG Dare
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I lost my original phone back in October, 2006. It was a VX8100. It had the extended battery.

I purchased a replacement VX8100 due to the fact that I only had upgraded the phone Nov/2005. A new VX8300 was actually better buying from VZW than ebay ($200 either way), but decided to just get another VX8100 for $80.

I just went to the VZW store to pay my bill and see how much a new battery would be. $40 for a standard, $45 for an extended (plus $5 for a new cover).

If I was smart, I could have had my battery swapped (since the 1 year would be up in Nov). Neither the battery that came with my ebay phone or the original worked for more than a few minutes at a time (went from 4 bars to 1 bar in no time).

The tech guy took my original battery, punched it in the computer, then handed me a new one n/c.

Were some of the original VX8100 batteries defective, or was the tech just being nice? I did a new battery for my dell laptop due to that recent recall:biggrin: