Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX6000 TXT MESSAGE Alert Problems....

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by boxermansr, Jul 10, 2003.

1. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    Ive set my phone to where it plays "ringer 6" for all incoming text messages, however, when adding a user to the phonebook, if they text message me, it plays the "beep beep beep" sound, not the "ring 6" that I set to be the alert for text messages.

I sent myself a txt from the webpage and it plays the "ringer 6" alert, like it should. In order to make the phone play the "ring 6" for a person in my phone book, I have to actually edit that person and tell the phone to use "ring 6" and not "Default text message alert" (which should be ring 6, since I set it to that in the message settings menu..."

anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? it seems that phonebook entries default automatically to the "beep beep beep" style alert.. my 4400 did not do this, as I had a specific ringer set for incoming texts..

any ideas?

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    no ideas besides making sure you have incoming messages set and not incoming alerts or something like that...

if not...this could just be somethin ghte engineers screwed up

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    im not sure about that mine works fine i havent had a problem with it yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    mine has worked too, but i havent changed the message alert tone.

5. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    Here's what I'm doing. I'm going to the message menu (Menu -> 4), then I'm going to option 6 (msg settings), then to option 4 (msg alerts). I then go to option 2 (Text Msg Alert) I tell it to select "Custom Ringtone" then the screen pops up w/ all the ringtones. I select Ring 6, and hit ok. It was my impression that whatever "sound" I chose at this point would be the "default" text message sound when I receive a text message, however this is not the case. When I added someone to my phonebook, and they texted me, all i got was "beep beep beep" to let me know I had a text message. When I texted myself from the webpage, I got the "Ring 6" sound...

With my VX4400 I could have done this same thing, and the "default" sound for text messages would have been exactly what I had set under the Msg Alerts section on the phone.