Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 & VX6000 ringer

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by mfsri, Jul 19, 2003.

1. mfsri

mfsri Junior Member

VX4400 & VX6000 ringer

My v60i crapped out on me the other day. I went out and got the VX4400. The 4400 is nice but I hate that it does not have a standard type ring like the v60i. Does the 6000 have a regular ring to it? Or can I get a standard type of ring for my 4400?

Thanks, Michael

2. Rax

Rax Member

Standard as in what? My 4400 has a few so-called 'normal' ringers.

3. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    He means an old school ring ring. No the 6000 does not either. i think soon modtones(from get it now) if they already havent, is putting regular rings for download.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    you have to pay for those. Well if you only want one ringtone then its worth it. and yes i have seen old skool rings on modtones. However if you want a few ringers just go to radio shack and get the vx/10 usb cable for 19.99 and download bitpim. BINGO all the ringtones you heart desires.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jjjones

jjjones New Member

The lack of no-nonsense, manly type rings is a big turn off for me on both the 4400 and 6000. I have the 6000 and love it, but ring tone #1 is just barely acceptable, and the rest would embarrass even a gay homosexual, to quote Cartman. Also, I DO NOT need or want my telephone to play me a Polka, Waltz, or a song that sounds like a choo-choo train. Nor do I feel like paying Verizon even more $ to "buy" a less humiliating ring.

6. DeathRider

DeathRider Member

My Phone:
    LG Dare
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    jjjones,

Can't you find a ringtone on the web, create or have a fried create a ringtone, then just email it to your VX6000?

7. jjjones

jjjones New Member

Dear Death; You're right, that would probably be a good idea. I had a Startac before this, and I was happy with its rings, so all this is pretty new to me. I'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion. However, I still think that on a phone with eleventy-zillion ringers, it would be nice to have at least one that doesn't sound like Liberace composed it.

8. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    How may homosexuals do you know that aren't gay? Or on the flip side of that question, how many gay people do you know that aren't homosexual? [​IMG]

9. boe

boe Junior Member

I have an LG5350 and have created many custom ringers for my phone. A friend of mine is on Verizon and has a 4400. When I go to http://www.t1mmy.net/visionTool.html and submit my qcp file, I get a new message notification, I select go and download the new file. When I submit the file to his phone, he doesn't get any notification. He checks under messages, and see nothing in his inbox. Is there a different process for the Verizon phones? Has anyone found a way without using a cable? Do you have to have an additional service on your phone to receive these e-mails?

Thanks