Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 / VX4400B color coded caller ID??!!

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by DD965VET, Nov 19, 2003.

1. DD965VET

DD965VET New Member

I presently have a Samsung A-310 which I've been pretty happy with. I'm actually looking at switching to a LG VX4400 or VX4400B, but I was wondering if either of them have a feature similar to the Samsung. With the A-310, I keep it on vibrate-only most of the workday, due to the environment I'm in. Whenever I "feel" a call coming in, I can just glance down and see what COLOR my OUTSIDE display is flashing - that way I instantly know who is calling. I have 7 colors to choose from and I can assign them to seven different "groups". For instance, my girlfriend is in her own "group". When she calls me from her cell phone, I glance down and see it flashing purple. When my brother calls, I have it set so it flashes orange. When any one of my co-workers call, it flashes blue. I can still have individual audible rings for people, but the color caller ID capability is very useful for quick recognition, especially in a dimly lit area when set to vibrate-only, such as a movie theater.

Can either of the LG phones do this??? (Can any other phone do this???!!!) Verizon's pamphlet on the 4400B states it has "......external Caller ID display with 10 custom colors to identify incoming calls." But then again, the pamphlet also says that the 4400B has a "Built-in speakerphone". I have called several Verizon stores, but nobody can give me a solid answer. When I called LG directly, they didn't seem too sure about the answer they were giving me.

Thanks!

2. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    on the 4400 you have ten different colors but can only choose one or choose to flash all ten colors for incoming calls.
    the speaker phone acts like an answering machine where you can hear the person on the other end leaving a message like you would with a regular answering machine with the exception of not being able to pick up the call if you want to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DD965VET

DD965VET New Member

So the colors available for flashing on an incoming call are just so I can have a color flash, period? It's not caller-ID or group based at all? I can't have different colors for different people in my phonebook?

4. PSM

PSM New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    BUMP
    I'd like to know too, as I'm about to get this phone. I was under the impression you could set a different color for different contacts in your phone book, but maybe I misunderstood or got it confused with the Samsung.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ah, no.
    yes i know major flaw on Lg's behalf. [​IMG]

6. PSM

PSM New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I just found the site that made me think it had that feature.
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?id=214
    Scroll down to the part about "2nd display" it says,
    "Location: Front
    96x64 pixels / 7-color backlight / "color ID" to identify incoming callers"

I guess the PhoneScoop people got it wrong, if it's a 10-color backlight and does not identify incoming callers. [​IMG]
    It would be nice if this feature could be added with a firmware upgrade.