Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 & Verizon

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by BaTxXxGiRl, Jan 28, 2004.

1. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    VX4400 & Verizon

I have a big problem and maybe someone can help me. I've had my VX4400 with Verizon for the last year and up until now I've been very satisfied with my service. I had PERFECT reception in my house and since about a week ago all of a sudden I have NO service. I went to verizon and they did a software upgrade which didn't fix the problem, then I went back they replaced the phone and I still have the same problem. They can't give me any answers. I only get a little reception if I'm practically climbing the window. How does it go from great reception for a whole year to suddenly little or no reception?? Any Suggestions??[​IMG]

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    for better results...this post should be moved out of the LG forum into the regional forum. Anyways...the problem you are describing almost 100% sounds like a failure at the tower. If you have gone from full reception to none, with two phones, its not you. Heres what you can do:

Talk to other people with Verizon in your area, see if they are having the same issue.

Call Verizon, and do not hang up until you get on the phone with a tech, do not settle for a customer service rep who will just tell you give it a few days.

Switch to another provider if all else fails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I did speak to technical support she told me to remove the battery while the phone is still on, she then proceeded to do something on her end and told me the phone should be working fine and to make sure that I turn the phone off every other day. Well that still didn't work. I did call back and they kept me on hold forever so I hung up. I wish I could cancel but I signed on to a 2 yr contract so I still have 1 yr left. Thanks for the advice.

4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    don't be rude Yankees,...lol we don't mind Batgirl coming to the LG forum, she does used an LG.
    i agree with Yankees, it could be a Tower failure if you had good reception until recently, you already had your phone flashed with the new S/W and now replaced your phone, you should asked if they are doing any maintenance to a Tower in your area.

Welcome aboard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    They told me they have no reported problems in my area, I guess I'm going to just call back again. Thanks Tony E

6. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    No reported problems....that dosent mean anything.

7. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Can anyone tell me which is the best phone Verizon currently carries?

8. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    if not have them do an "A" key (Authentication) they'll know what it is, just make sure you talk to a second level tech and see if that works.

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    well that depends on an idividual's taste, what works excellent for one person can be bad for the next, it all depends on the area you are going to be using it and how well your carrier will cover you there. You have chosen a good phone, that is one of Verizon's best sellers besides the LG6000, which is another popular phone but it's all digital vs the 4400 which is tri-mode.

10. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do you think the battery could have anything to do with the problem I'm having, I did notice lately that it's been dying alot faster....

11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    no i don't think so, the reason why your battery could be draining is because your phone is probably going into "search for service mode" which tends to drain your battery faster.

12. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    are any neighbors with either verizon or another carrier having problems with their service? or is it just verizon..?

13. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    BatXXXgirl,

The same thing happend to me 6 months ago. I had great service/signal in my home. In a short period of time the signal degraded and now, when I even have service, its one bar. All of my call from my home will drop at some point if I'm able to connect. I had lots of discussion with VZW CS. After all the typical troubleshooting, they confirmed the problem. I am in a newly designated "low signal area". A change to the tower recently caused this. It's rare but it happens. On the bright side, Verizon has let me out of my contract for all three phone. On the downside, there really isn't any better service than Verizon (in my home yes, but overall no). Verizon has offred me a $10 bill credit for the next 5 months. I'll stick around and see what happens.

In order to do a trouble ticket, they will need to confirm the problem. I spoke to a Rep who was really good. I shot the breeze with her for 10 minutes until the signal faded out. This way she could confirm the problem with the tech and issue a trouble ticket. Most CS reps aren't that helpful. I saved her name and ph# in my voice mail. If you'd like it let me know.

As an aside I had 1 year left on one phone and 8 months left on two others. I got out of the contract, It just took some time.

Oppie

14. BaTxXxGiRl

BaTxXxGiRl New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks alot Oppie.... I called again and they issued a trouble ticket which I have to follow up on... Unfortunatel when I asked about terminating my contract they told me I would have to pay the cancellation fee... I feel the same as you however, right now they might not be working the best in my house but overall Verizon is the best, I wouldn't even know who to change to.... Thanks again for you help....