Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 - t720 - Samsung a530???

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by revjeff1, Jun 3, 2003.

1. revjeff1

revjeff1 New Member

Ok... I live in Belair Maryland, just north of Baltimore, and I'm trying to decide between these three phones...

Re: Samsung a530 ~ All digital with Verizon has me worried! Does anyone have the Samsung a530 in the East? How is the signal? Anyone want to give me a review of their a530? Cnet hasn't gotten around to one yet.

Re: t720 ~ I also hear that the t720 has been "Fixed" though the latest s/w update, 22. Is this true? Some of the posts that are so negative seem to be from before this fix.

Re: vx4400 ~ If the outer bezel cracks so easily, where can a replacement be found, outside of the verizon store?

How about cables to connect to my PC... Which has one available and which doesn't? I hear the Samsung does not?

Please help me decide which phone to get... Thanx

2. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

I'm not too sure of phones without analog; however all the phones VZW is comming out with in the future look like they don't have analog either. Sometimes when you get out in the middle of nowhere you'll need analog still. If you stay mostly in the city (or near it) then you wont really need to worry about analog. So get the 530 (you might want to read in the samsung forum, some say it gets really hot if you use it for a long time)

The 720...I've heard of nothing but problems, and don't you think it looks like something manufactured by Fisher Price??

I have the 4400 and really it is the best phone VZW carries thats color and has analog. It does have it's bugs though (sometimes mine will just shut off when I'm using it..not talking on it, but doing something else). Thats really my only complaint (well there are more, but they arent important to most people) but it hasn't done that in a while. As for the outside LCD cracking, mine hasent. I slammed it on the ground one day in my backpack and it didn't crack, but I think the corner of the phone took the brunt of the blow.

As for a data cable, I have no experience there. I'm thinking about getting one soon for my 4400, as soon as I make my way to Radio Shack then I'll start using GAGIN with this phone.

Hope this helped....[​IMG]

3. RutRow

RutRow Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100 (trial)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Agreed!!! I've had mine for almost a month, and not a single glitch. [​IMG]