Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

vx4400 -- slow startup time

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Alex3917, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Alex3917

Alex3917 New Member

I'm new to this forum so if there is already a thread on this or a solution then just point me to the URL, I have already scanned the last several monhts of threads and I didn't see an answer though. Anyway I am using firmware version 6 of this phone, and when I start it up it makes me watch an assinine animation. From when I press the button to when the phone is usable takes just over 20 seconds. Verizon told me this could be because I have downloaded a lot of things or have many contacts, but I have downloaded nothing and have only 20-30 contacts. I searched for a way to disable the startup movie but unfortunately I seem to be stuck with one bad one or another. Is there anything I can do about this? Also, is there a way I can run the phone in black and white mode to extend battery life?

2. Fathead

Fathead In the Industry

You can change the startup wallpaper, but it will still take a little while to start. My wifes takes about 11 seconds to boot up. 20 seems long, you may want to upgrade to the version 10 firmware (I have no idea if that will help though, it's just a thought).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I had 2 or three apps, several ringtones, and over 100 contacts on my 4400 and it always took 15-20 seconds to boot, I had version 10 also.

If everything else with the phone is fine then I wouldn't have anything changed..It is annoying to wait so long though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    doesn't seem normal even for the software version you have, try Fathead's recommendation and get your phone flashed with a new software version if not get it swapped for another.........