Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 - Roam Question/Problem

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Flyer00, May 7, 2003.

1. Flyer00

Flyer00 Junior Member

OK, I went on a trip to Tennessee this past weekend (I live in Ohio). I have an America's Choice calling plan. On the drive down, I noticed a few places where a flashing triangle appeared next to the 1x symbol. My understanding is that when it's flashing it means you are on the extended network and won't be charged for roaming, but when it's a solid (not flashing) triangle, you are roaming and will be charged.

When I arrived in Tennessee I noticed it was back to a 1x (no triangle at all) so I figured I was back on the Verizon network. Also, it still said "Verizon Wireless" on the screen. However, when I got a call, I noticed the symbol was still a 1x (no triangle) but the in-call timer was displaying the word "Roam:" in front of it, e.g. "Roam: 00:00:01". When I ended the call, it flashed "Roam: 00:02:37". So first of all, has anyone else noticed this? I was wondering if the phone just displays the word "Roam:" in front of the time when you are outside of your home area, or if I really was roaming and for some reason the triangle indicator wasn't showing up. I guess I'll find out on next month's bill. Either way, this seems to be some sort of misleading software bug. I'm using version 04.

2. Strobe212

Strobe212 Junior Member

its a bug in the software. theres a glitch in the 04 and 05 versions that whenever the in call timer is counting, it says roam next to it.

3. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Has that glitch been corrected in version 06? As an aside, will version 07 be available soon?

Oppie

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tazdawg

Tazdawg New Member

I have been in places were I have had the solid triangle and was told by a Verizon rep I would be billed roaming. When I got the bill I was not charged for the roaming. I had a call code of wc (wide area calling) Verizon billing center told me as lng as the calling code is "wc" it is NOT roaming.