Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

vx4400 - "My Folder" ?????

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by XxAjxX, Mar 20, 2003.

1. XxAjxX

XxAjxX New Member

vx4400 - "My Folder" ?????

What is the deal with this "my Folder" found under the Messages menu (3,9?) It contains folders that have big and small picture folders, animations, sounds, etc.. but you can't do anything with them!!! what are they for? because what they look like right now is just a waste of phone memory right now.

2. Vyruz

Vyruz Junior Member

in the near future, verizon will come out with ems, which will let you send images via sms(text messaging). you may use this smal animation, or pictures in your text messages, on a down note, they take up about 100 or more characters from your 160 limit. im not sure if verizon will be able to expand this limit or not. ems is supposed to be launched Q2 in the 2003, so it should be soon, but from what i hear, it is getting pushed back a little. look for it around summer if not fall

3. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    When EMS comes online it is supposed to up the character limit to 1000 per message

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. XxAjxX

XxAjxX New Member

So is EMS basically the same thing as MMS? If not, whats the difference between the two?

5. pianoman41

pianoman41 New Member

I believe MMS stands for Mobile Messenger Service and EMS stands for Enhanced Messenger Service, because with EMS you will be able to do more than just send quick text messages (like attaching photos, etc). But its functionality will be very similar.

6. m1mgd00

m1mgd00 Member

Actually, MMS is Multimedia Messaging Service, which is more advanced than SMS, or Short Messaging Service. The European carriers are pushing MMS now with picture phones, etc. (in the States, I think Sprint and T-Mobile (formerly VoiceStream) are doing the same). I have no idea what improvements EMS will bring--Maybe full motion video messages? Longer messages? Better image quality? Anyone know?-- but it's slated for rollout in Europe later this year.