Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 - Manner Mode/Silent?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Flyer00, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyer00

Flyer00 Junior Member

VX4400 - Mannor Mode/Silent?

OK, here's a question for you 4400 experts.

One thing I find kind of annoying is to switch from normal mode to silent mode using the * key, you have to go through manner mode before you get to the silent mode. It always has to cycle through all three. I'd like to be able to see some menu where I can pick which mode I'd like to be in like the Motorolas have. I would like to assign that to the shortcut key, but I cannot find this anywhere in the phone's menus.

Either I'm an idiot or I'm pretty sure it's not in there. However, page 30 of the manual leads me to believe otherwise. It says "Use Manner Mode in a public place. 1. In Standby Mode, activate MannerMode quickly by pressing * (for 3 seconds) instead of using the
    Menu function." What if I want to use the menu function??? I can't find any further reference to this "menu function" anywhere else in the manual.

Anyone else find it?

2. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

No, I think you have to cycle through all three.
    The manual for this phone is a POS and I don't even bother looking in it when I can't find something, becuase I know it won't be in there either.

3. Merlyn3D

Merlyn3D Junior Member

Damn you are picky...first of all, you don't even have to open the phone to put it in manner or silent mode. You can just hold down the voice button below the volume buttons and achieve the same effect. Second, my god, are you really so impatient that you can't just push the button and put it in manner mode then push it again to put it in silent mode? Personally, I like how the phone doesn't make any noise when you do that, UNLIKE the motorolas which alert everyone that you're changing modes with that stupid tone.

4. HC

HC New Member

3 ways to go to manner or silent mode:
    1. when phone is open, press side down arrow button until vibrate or silent is selected
    2. when phone is open press * to cycle thru 3 choices
    3. when closed press mic side button to cycle thru 3 choices

If there is any other way I would really be interested in knowing

5. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah, but no, putting the volume down is not putting in manner mode...thats only turning the ringer to vibrate/silent....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. HC

HC New Member

what's manner mode other than vibrate?

7. themaxxx

themaxxx New Member

I'm with merlin 3d!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.