Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 - How do I send & receive emails

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by dotcomgui, Mar 22, 2003.

1. dotcomgui

dotcomgui New Member

VX4400 - How do I send & receive emails

I have a vx4400 and would like to know if I can send an email directly to my phone. Example: 555-555-5555@vtext.com
    Has anyone successfully done this? [​IMG]

2. Rafale

Rafale Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You can send an email to your phone and you can send an email from your phone. Mine is Rafale@vtext.com

Please don't ask how to send from phone as I belive it is in the user manual.

You know that thing...that people throw away and never bother to read and then ask a million questions that could have been answered if they read it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

That's up for debate. The manual is pathetic.

4. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You dont need the manual, just go to vtext.com and do everything. sweet u can also add stuff like weather history of the day music news, and channels like news on ur favorite singer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dotcomgui

dotcomgui New Member

How did you set the phone up to receive text emails? I have read the manual and I contacted Verizon. Verizon couldn't even tell me!! All they did was instruct me how to setup an account on vtext.com. I was hoping some one on the forum would be able to explain it to me. The manual blows as far as I'm concerned.

6. Tdog

Tdog Junior Member

I may be stupid, but I just read the manual cover to cover (except the Spanish Part)....and I cannot find anything that explains HOW to send an email from the phone...just that it is possible.

If there is another thread on this, please direct me...thanks..

I am interested in sending emails to any email address, such as a pop3 account.

I will go read the manual again....

7. shimo

shimo Member

By default, you can receive messages to your phone by having someone email YOURCELLNUMBER@vtext.com (example 2135551212@vtext.com). You can go to verizonwireless.com and set up an alias such as shimo@vtext.com and have people email you at that address.

To send emails from your phone, type your message and just type the email address in the "[address 1]" field.

Do this and run a few test messages to get familiar with it. I email people all the time and receive emails on my phone. It comes in handy for getting directions etc.

8. Tdog

Tdog Junior Member

Shimo,
    Thanks, but I did get that far...or at least I have an email address @vtext.com already for some time. My problem is I tried twice to email myself at home on my normal pop3 email account by entering the normal email address that you would do on Outlook and the phone says "sending message"....looks like its trying to send the message, then comes back about 2-3 minutes later and says failed....so now these test messages are sitting in my outbox...

Not sure why they failed, I tried work and home email addresses...they just arent getting sent?? I can send a TXT message to myself from the Verizon TXT site no problem...I will try outlook to phone next...

Can you also access any pop3 email account?

I am about to call CS...

(ps - I just got the phoen today, but have been with VZWW for about 4 years. I also have a startac)...

Thanks for any help...the manual is absolutely worthless...

Adendum:

I spoke with CS for a long time, however it was a pleasant experience.
    Got it handled. They had to set some settings on my phone to activate Mobile web (which I am paying $4.99/mnth for)...and they had to take a "lock" off my account...which was wierd since my service with them has been for 4 years without a problem. They agreed and took the lock off..and hada! email now works fine, etc.

So all is well now, I have 14 more days to make sure I like the phone....which looks promising.

I think I need to get the data cable and get my contacts into the phone..I got the @Vtext set-up, so I should be good to go.
    The desktop charger is good, just make sure to "slide" the phone off, not "pull" it straight out.

If email is your thing, it works fine once they changed the settings and took the lock off the account...which shouldnt have been there to begin with...but its fixed and with only one (long) call. Another satisfied verizon customer...so far.

Later!

9. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

The manual is pathetic and I can't say that enough! I've never read anyhting so vague in my life.

SHIMO- I like you "S P R I N T" thing, thats great!!....and so true.