Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 for T720???

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by DaveyJ, Feb 21, 2003.

1. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

OK, so I have a T720 and it just flat out blows...

A friend of mine has the 4400 and when I'm in analog he's still digital, my T720 locks up unexpectedly, sometimes it just doesn't ring and I get VM 2 minutes later, the alarm locks up the phone, so yeah it blows.

My question.

Has anyone taken their 720 to a Verizon dealer, complained a lot and gotten a replacement 4400 free of charge? That's what I'm going to attempt this weekend, but I was just curious if anyone had accomplished this feat already?

Thanks!!!

2. jcarson

jcarson Junior Member

I did it with 2 phones that I purchased at Radioshack.

1: Call the Verizon customer service and talk to a supervisor. The normal reps cant do it.
    2: Tell them that you are very mad that you were sold a defective phone. i.e. The screen turning black is a known issue and so are some other problems. I told them I didnt shell out big bucks to have a know defective product. Mention this: They say its as simple as taking out the battery each time your charge it. Well, I just grab my phone when I go out the door, then if I need to use it, I am fumbling with a cell phone assembly at 65 on the interstate. Why? Because they sold me a phone with this known problem.. thats not safe.
    3: Tell them you are gonna cancel if you cant get this worked out. Mention their "Worry free" guarantee.
    4: I also mentioned the phone NOT ringing in low service areas, but my new 4400 is just as bad if not worse.
    5: DO-take your phone to the local service center and make sure you have the latest software before you try this.

Good luck. I feel the quality of the 4400 is FAR superior to the 720. The OS runs WAY faster and is easier for my wife. The signal strength is at or just below that of the T720. I was hoping for better, but I live in a low service area (norm is 1-2 bars). This means NO calls in to me. Luckily its only at my house. (I live on a mountain)

3. DoctorNo

DoctorNo Junior Member

I called Verizon customer service and with NO hassel at all they fedexed me 2 brand ne LG 4400. All I had to do was mention my displeasure with the 720 and they immediately agreed to replace with the phone of my choice.

They also provide a prepaid fedex ticket to return the 720s to them.

Go for it.

4. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

K guys here's what happened...

I called. First lady said they're not allowed to switch a different model (4400 for 720). I talked calmly with her for 10 minutes telling her all the issues with my phone. She was nice enough and asked if I'd like to talk to her super. So I did. Boy did things change then for the worse. Total b****h!!! She basically told me it was not VZW's responsibility that my phone was a POS. She said it's Motorola's fault and they'd send me a new one or nothing else. I started to point out that I was not satisfied, the phone did not perform, everything. She rebuttled with "If your TV doesn't get good reception does your cable company replace it for you? NO!"... That was dumb, I rebuttled her statement with "Well, first off I can buy any dang TV I'd like to and it will WORK on my cable network. You only let me choose between 8 phones with YOUR software on it, it's not like I can go to the electronics store and pick any old CDMA phone". I told her all the problems everyone's had with the 720 and she basically said I was making this up. I kept arguing until she gave up, she said a new 720 or nothing. I said fine, send me another 720 and I'll call you 2 days after and ask for another one until I get one that works right which will never happen. She gave in a little at that remark saying that she'll write on the service order to replace my 720 with a 4400 if the warehouse manager approves it?!?!?!? LOL, so when I get my 720 I'll call VZW again until I get a 4400 and a phone worth the $200 I spent!!!

BTW, I wanted to ask both of you, how long have you had your 720's??? And how long have you been under contract with VZW???

And thanks for the replies... The saga continues!!!

Until next time... [​IMG]

5. jcarson

jcarson Junior Member

I have been with them for 2 months. Started with the 720.

Anyone care to share some Cell phone antenna repeater info with me? I need better reception in the house.

6. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

2 months huh? Dang, me too...

Another question, which number did you call for service?

One more thing, if you feel comfortable with giving me your name and mobile # (through e-mail) I would like to use you as a reference when I call next.

If you want to please e-mail me at:

daveyj@daveyj.com

If not, I totally understand, but it would help in my pursuit to get my POS replaced!!! [​IMG] Thanks for all your help...

7. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Have you considered something like a 3watt booster??? I know this is a car kit, but I'm sure you could modify easily for home use...

http://www.alternativewireless.com/cellular-antennas/3_watt_power_booster.html

8. jcarson

jcarson Junior Member

Is there any kind of repeater that you dont have to plug into your phone that would give you a little boost? I am not gonna plug in my cell phone in the house, where I could use a cordless phone instead. [​IMG]

9. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I did, after I ahd gone to the store every week about my phone> I called and got a nice rep and she put a note on my account saying this is bull, give him a new phone hateverkind he wants

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

How long had you had your 720 prior to the free replacement?

A couple more questions for you...

Do you by chance remember her name?

And what number did you call? Did you do *611 (or whatever cust. service is) or did you dial the toll free number??? Just curious, the rep and supervisor I talked to BOTH treated me like dirt.

11. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I had it 3 months. No i did not get her name. And yeah I called *6511, but the toll free nunumber gives you the same place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Sweet, thanks!

13. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Another question...

On the T720 you can't "force digital only". I know I've read somewhere that on the VX4400 you can specify it to only operate in digital. I've searched through the groups for a while now and can't seem to find it. Any insight?

Also, anyone else trade in their T720 after the 15 day period for a VX4400???? And anybody willing to let me use them as a reference next time I call VZW?!?!?!?!?

Thanks guys...

I know some of you guys reading the forums religiously are VZW reps on here, any insight from you would help as well! Seems like everyone and their brother has no problem getting their POS 720 replaced with a 4400 free except for me....... [​IMG]

14. billmarchetti

billmarchetti New Member

yea i got a new 4400, after complaining about my 720, its really not that hard, u just gotta stand ur ground if they deny your request, but fortunately i had a very nice lady on *611 that offered me any phone, i could of taken a audiovox thera if i really wanted to, you just gotta be really really nice to these people as long as they are being polite to you

15. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Remember what time of day you called?

And I don't think *611 dumps everyone to the same call center. 'Cuz last night I called VZW and typed in the wrong mobile number and I ended up in the Michigan call center, she told me she had to transfer...

If anyone feels comfortable shooting me your name and mobile # out of you who've traded in your T720 for a VX4400 after the 15 day "risk free guarantee" period send it on over to: daveyj@daveyj.com

Might help me in my battle... [​IMG] TIA!!!!

16. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I called on a Sunday morning. hey billmarchetti maybe we got the same lady.

17. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I called on a Sunday morning. hey billmarchetti maybe we got the same lady. Remind them of the worry-free gurantee.

18. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Grrrrrrrrrrr........

So, it's over a week later, VZW tells me it should be here no later than today. HEY, big surprise, not here yet! So I call... I dunno what area you guys are in, but the call center I get dropped into is horrible. He said "there's no record on file of a phone replacement"... Except, somehow later on in the conversation as I told him I wanted to get the VX4400 for a replacement he says to me.. "Sir, there's a note in here saying that we explained to you that you can't get a different phone for a replacement" -- ????? So, they blatently threw away my phone replacement request??? What a bunch of.... Well, you know....

Getting sick of this... I get nowhere every time I call!!!! Anyone have any ideas???

19. SevenX

SevenX New Member

You could keep bugging them untill they give in.
    Or You could let them replace your t720 with a new one, then sell it, take the money and buy a vx4400.
    I have the same deal going on with my wifes junk Motorola 120e from Cingular Wireless. They wont let her get another phone untill after 10 months into her 2 year contract. What makes me mad is you go to buy a phone, and the you cant really try them out at the store. So you pick one and you dont know how it works compaired to the other ones. Ok you get the 15 day try it out deal but damm, how would you like to buy a car like that... The bottom line is, if it takes us longer then 15 days to find out that we picked a piece of junk, were screwed...

Let the battle begin

20. jcarson

jcarson Junior Member

I was one of the lucky people that got them to change my phones. BUT beware if they let you. They TRIED to reset my start date on my account, and called it a PHONE UPGRADE. Uh.. no.

I called and I think they reset it.
    They try to get you every way they can. (Verizon that is.)

21. DaveyJ

DaveyJ Junior Member

Exactly!!!
    There is no other service that is this bass-ackwards. It costs the providers next to nothing for those phones. Sure they pay development, but I can guarantee they don't pay more than $20-50 for a phone which they resell to us for $100-400!!! Verizon braggs about "solving your problem the first time"... Well, I can't say I agree. I had way better customer support from T-Mobile...

22. Future

Future New Member

Hello
    I got a v60i about 4 months ago it has been replaced 3 times now for the same problem and its doing the same problem once again.. Basically any incoming call the sound I hear and the sound the other person hears is all garbled sounding like were both talking from under water or something its weird. If I call them right back it works just fine. But I am sick of dealing with this Motorola you guys think I could get them to give me a VX4400 to replace it. Being I paid $249 for the v60i and already had 3 replacements for same issue. I think I deserve to get the new one free.
    Anyone else even heard of that problem with the v60i?
    Future

23. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon did the very same thing to me...because of many complaints they offered me a new phone as long as I agreed to sign a 2 year contract. I gave up and went through eBay.

24. Future

Future New Member

Well I took my v60i back today and complained about it once again and they finally admitted its a known issue that it has something to do with the Baud rate when a call is coming in. So they let me get the VX4400 but the only catch was I had to pay $100 but they gave a old used cell phone and a rebate slip to get the $100 back. So it was well worth my trip to the store today. I had originally gotten the v60i back in 5/9/02 so that was longer then I thought but they had on record that they had replaced it 3 times during that time. [​IMG]