Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 Emergency Numbers

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by lewie, Feb 17, 2003.

1. lewie

lewie New Member

I must be dense but has anyone figured out whether there is some kind of quick access to the emergency numbers listed in the security menu, especially 911? There doesn't appear to be a quick dial slot saved for it as there was on the 510 (as I recall). It's nice to have them listed but unless you can get 911 with one keypress, it seems rather pointless. On a related topic, what do the two Location settings (E911 and Location On) actually mean? Thanks.

2. Dasmius

Dasmius New Member

I don't know about the first question, but E911 means your phone will only utilize GPS location tracking during an emergency phone call, and Location On means it is always tracking by GPS, according to the manual. What this actually means to us as the user who knows. I just left it at default of E911, I figure I'd rather my location not be known by others unless necessary. (i.e. Verizon)

3. Alex

Alex Senior Member

Select menu,8, 4,and your lock code(the last four digits of your cell #),then number 3.
    This option works if phone is locked or restricted.

4. lewie

lewie New Member

The ability to use an emergency number, even if the phone was locked, was not my issue. On the 510, the speed dial 9 slot was reserved for your emergency number, whether 911 or something else. The 4400 doesn't appear to have that ability. I ended up putting 911 on the 9 speed dial slot myself (as well as voice tagging it). It's not a big issue but, again, LG seems to have omitted very useful features that the 510 had (several levels of vibrate strength, hands free remote control, etc.) from the 4400 for some inexplicable reason.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Gosh, I hope you don't need to dial 911 so often that you need it on speed dial. Maybe you work in health care?

As for the GPS "location on" setting, if you select that option you will always be tracked by GPS. I have read that sometime in the future if you have the feature turned on you could get text messages or emails or whatever sent to your phone, perhaps by businesses such as Burger King offering disocounts at stores you are close to. Thats a little creepy for me, so I leave mine at 911 only.

6. Alex

Alex Senior Member

That could be related to the fact the TM510 stores the phone numbers in the memory numerically and VX4400 stores the numbers alphabetically. I read about a year ago a lot of customers complaint about the location 9 and 911 emergency number canâ??t be over write on TM510. Maybe that is why they decided to remove it.