Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 Echoes

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Jdam, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Jdam

Jdam New Member

What causes the echoes you hear while talking. I tried adjusting the volume to no avail. The signal in the area I was in (Southeastern PA) was 5 bars so no issue there.

2. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    Jdam, usually the echo is caused by the network. Sometimes it can be the phone like if your volume is too high or due to the other person you are talking to phone. But mostly it's a network problem. [​IMG]

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    its the phone ghosts that want to drive you insaine..........im just kidding the "echoes" are caused by the network usually hanging up and redialing fixes the problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I called verizon about this for my mom on her v60i. She said it was simply volume levels, yours, theres, or a combination. If it is jsut a few people it is u and their combination. If it is everyone U might have to do something. I dont know if shes riht she said nothing about the network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OohOohMeNext

OohOohMeNext Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Jdam,
    I too have echoes on my VX-4400. In fact, I'm on my second 4400 and they've both had echoes all over the place. Everyone is delighted with the quality of reception on this phone, but if you spot any of my posts, you will see ("read") me b!tching about it. Anyway, I know (in my case) it's not the network because I've been with Verizon for 5 years, lived in the same area, blah blah blah. I've had like four other phones, no echoes. So if all variables remain constant, it has to be the phone!! .[​IMG]
    But I digress....I love this damn phone even with all its annoyances. Damn LG!!

If this helps, in reading this forum I found out about a hidden menu (Press Menu, then 0). I adjusted the mode, forcing the phone into CDMA. I don't know why this worked [​IMG](see my quote!!) but it made the echoes almost disappear. I still hear them sometimes, but a lot less. Try it, I guess it can't hurt, and if it doesn't work you can always change it back to Automatic.

6. OohOohMeNext

OohOohMeNext Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Uhhhh....you do have VZ, right?
    It probably wouldn't be a good idea to force the phone into CDMA if you're not on a CDMA network[​IMG]

7. Tazdawg

Tazdawg New Member

I have found that by where the ear peace is placed on my ear the echos come or go. If my phone or my wifes phone is echoing I just move the phone up or down alittle bit and it goes away.

8. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    thats interesting