Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 crunch time...

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by lets456, Feb 4, 2004.

1. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

I have the CDM-8600 and am pleased with the RF performance, sound quality, size,battery life. But it has some annoyances like: No audible beep for a missed call or message, horrible UI and search in the phone book, and a few other things. I have 3 days left in my trial. Does the VX4400 have: Good voice clarity on both ends? Good battery life and RF? How about dropped calls? The Audiovox would hold on to calls where my V120e would drop consistantly, this is very important.
    Audible beep for missed calls/voicemail...every minute. Thanks for your help.

2. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Most people love the 4400, but I dropped a lot of calls on it. So....I dunno.

3. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    4400 is a good phone, but it is also a year-pld design. Most people regret not buying the latest thing a few months later. So forget the 4400 and look for something newer...like say..the 4500??

BTW...This is post 1600.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Let me be the first to congratulate you on 1602!!!

5. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    i love my 4400 and have not had any problems with it. i'll probably be replacing it in the next few months tho for something newer.

congrats on 1600, 1601, and 1602 Delta! and here's to 1603! [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stratfink

stratfink Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My VX4400 has been problem free, and it has very good RF. Also, voice quality is excellent on both transmit and recieve. I would highly recommend it. I just saw the 4500 and it seems pretty good too with the speaker phone and all.

7. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

Thanks for your replies. I will check it out.

8. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    hopefully you'll like it as much as we do, it's a great phone!

9. Stormshadow

Stormshadow New Member

One thing that should be noted. The 4500 is not a tri mode phone, it will only pick up digital towers. The 4400B is capable of picking up older analog signal towers. This really only applies to people who travel in rural areas, well away from any cities.[​IMG]

Regards,
    Stormshadow

10. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I miss my 4400, it was an excellent phone, never had any problems with it, the only time i saw it switched to Analog was on my trip to Big Bear, other than that i had digital service everywhere, so if you are going to stay pretty much in the city i wouldn't worry too much about a tri-mode phone, though i don't like the looks of the 4500 much, it does have some awesome features that are worth considering, but if tri-mode is your thing, i think you'll be happy with the 4400.

11. CWick

CWick Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you don't mind the 2 year contract, the 4500 is only 89.00 I think...not a bad price. I have been using the 4500 for about a week so far and am very happy with it.

12. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

Thanks, but I want a tri-mode phone. I have had a few instances where analog was the only choice. Also, I want to stick with the 1-year contract...2 years is a long time. But thanks for your advice. One question, does the 4400 give audible beeps to let you know you've missed a call or have voicemail? What I mean is, will it remind you every minute until you press some sort of button?

13. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It doesn't, not like the Moto's.

14. shimo

shimo Member

I have a 4400 and a Audi 8900. Both are excellent phones.

The 4400 has a muffled earpiece and is not as clear as the 8900. It has good reception although I dropped a lot of calls. The 8900 has better reception and doesn't drop calls as much (I've dropped a few but not nearly as many). The 8900 seems to hold calls where my 4400 would drop calls, like in my house.

The 8900 has a VERY LOUD reminder beeps every 2 minutes. It's so loud, it's almost annoying! The 4400 only has a vibrate remind every two minutes, no audible reminder, a big drawback IMHO.

15. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

I have not thought of the 8900...it may be worth a look. May be a little more money I am sure. I do not need the camera, but it would not hurt to have it. Thanks.

16. shimo

shimo Member

Read my review (which I need to update) in the Audi forum. If you have any questions feel free to ask about the 4400 or the 8900.

17. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Lets456, whatev'er phone you choose just make sure it's a phone that has good reviews, a solid UI, good battery standby time, one that has lots of available accessories like extended batteries, car chargers, cases, and most important one that has not had any major software issues, in short a phone that you'll be able to use without having to go back to the store every other day to get fixed, and most important of all, one that you'll be able to make calls from in the region that you're at.

18. shimo

shimo Member

And remember you have your 14 (or is it 15) day trial period. Try out some phones and get one that suits your needs