Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 Car Chargers not powerful enough

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jjorczak, May 7, 2003.

1. jjorczak

jjorczak New Member

I purchased two different car chargers for the VX4400, one from the Verizon store and one from Staples. Both seem to charge the phone while off, but not while on. If I try to use the phone with a low battery, while on the charger, the phone shuts off. I pulled the battery off and just had the phone on the charger as a test, and it did not deliver enough power to keep the phone on. The screen flickered a bit and the phone shut itself off.

Is this normal behaviour? Would the official LG charger do better? (they seem to be out of stock at the moment).

thanks - jeff

2. t6821hn

t6821hn Junior Member

My Phone:
    Vertu Ascent Ti Knurled
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, T-Mobile, Iridium
    You need to get the official LG car charger for your phone to charge properly.

3. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

I'm not suggesting you get a generic charger, but I bought two of them that charge a fully drained battery in under one hour! They supposedly have the IC chip in them to protect from overcharge, but they charge so darn fast, I'm afraid to leave them on for more than one hour at a time. Anyhow, I got them from here. Not a bad deal, two for $8.95 and they seem to work great.

4. brewswillis

brewswillis Junior Member

I took the charger from my old VX-10 into the verizon store and told them it didn't work properly with the VX4400, so they found one that worked and just switched it out. I'm assuming that you are talking about it flashing full charge instead of showing that it's charging?

5. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

I'm not sure if you are talking to me, or the original thread. If you are talking to me, mine actually do charge the battery in one hour. It doesn't just show a full charge while it's plugged in. I can use my phone until the battery is almost dead, plug it in to the car charger for one hour, take it off and use it for three more days. Cool, huh?