Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 cannot load ringers with Bitpim

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by seanpawn, Jun 18, 2003.

1. seanpawn

seanpawn New Member

Hello, I am trying to upload a few ringers to my phone with bitpim....it has worked in the past, but it will not work now, even though i can upload everything else, phonebooks, wallpaper. etc, so I know it is not a Data settings problem. Any suggestions?

2. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    How many ringers do you have loaded currently? I believe there is a limit of 30 maximum. Do you have space for the ringers you are trying to load or is the memory almost full?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. seanpawn

seanpawn New Member

i only have 4 ringers on, but even if i remove them all, and try to put a new ringer on, it doesn't work..I even disabled all my Getitnow apps, and there was still a problem.

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    whats the error message ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. seanpawn

seanpawn New Member

Device needs attention
    LG-VX4400 on com 2. The phone is not responding while manipulating the filesystem.
    Check that the port on the phone is set correctly
    (Menu - >8->6->2. It is normally set to RS-232 Com port.
    Also check that you ahve selected the correct communicatiosn port on your computer
    and the cable is still firmly plugged in (currently using com2)

As I said, i tried all this, and it the com port is correct because I am able to upload wallpaper and phonebooks entries to the phone

6. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Join the bitpim smailing list and you can ask the developer, he got me through everything.

7. jmcship

jmcship New Member

Hey seanpawn, did you ever get that ringtone problem figured out? I've been having the same one and got no response from the Bitpim mailing list.

8. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    When did you try? I did not recieve an email like you are explianing.(im on the list)

9. jmcship

jmcship New Member

I beleieve it was around two weeks ago mabye a little sooner. It could be my works network system as well. I know I thought that I had sent mail in the past and it ended up not showing up to the recipient. Mabye I'll give it another try.

10. seanpawn

seanpawn New Member

Hi...I did fix the problem, (no help from the mailing list...{I DID post somethings, with no reply}) I deleted all the ringers that were on my phone FROM the phone, not using Bitpim. THen I reloaded the ringers with bitpim and it worked.
    hope this helps.
    -Sean

11. jmcship

jmcship New Member

Thanks Seanpawn. I'm gonna give that a try tonight.