Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 Battery life and reception

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Verizon1, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

Now that the LG 4400 has been out for about a week, how are you all finding the battery life? Also, how do you find the call quality as compared to other phones you've used on the Verizon network?

Thanks for any feedback you might be able to provide.

2. mariat

mariat New Member

No complaints from me so far but then again I've only had it for 48 hours..

Pictures can be found here..

Feel free to ask any specific questions and/or pictures..

I can be reached via msn messenger - mariartw@hotmail.com
    or via AOL AIM - NDCivicHB

3. DeBoNaiR808

DeBoNaiR808 Member

the reception is not bad, same goes for the bat life. it doesnt last as long as my v60 and the reception is pretty close. the only thing that i dont like about the 4400 is there is no stat light for signal, there is no reminder beep for missed calls and messages waiting....with that aside its a pretty good phone.....might wait for the a530....till then i turned my v60 back on......and the only thing a color phone is good for is if you can upload your own gifs...like the sprint sanyos could....

4. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

Does the 4400 give you a visual indicator that there is a message waiting or that you missed a call?

5. cdd543

cdd543 New Member

Yes there is a visual indicator and a setting for a vibrate remind that vibrates very couple of minutes after message is left. I am getting 2 days out of the battery after one week. The reception is great as well. Just as good as my wifes startac.

6. DeBoNaiR808

DeBoNaiR808 Member

it only has a remind on vibra mode, it vibrate every so often....not like the v60 where it beep and the stat light blinks a diff color to let you know you have a missed call or waiting message....until you clear it....

7. edamon

edamon Junior Member

you are the worst photographer I've ever seen.

-d

8. brewswillis

brewswillis Junior Member

Yeah, not to be a d*ck, but you need to learn how to focus your camera. It should either have an auto or manual focus.

9. mariat

mariat New Member

Thanks I appreciate the feedback.. to bad I haven't had time to get completely used to my brand new digital camera..

Thats what I get for just trying to be nice?!?! dang... harsh

10. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I know, the pcitures werent bad they were very helpful, thank you mariat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. MANINBLU

MANINBLU New Member

BATTERY LIFE IS OK NOT AS GOOD AS THE TM510 , RECEPTION IS FINE JUST NOT CRAZY THAT WHEN ENTERING NAMES INTO THE PHONE BOOK YOU NEED TO RESET THE TXT BACK TO T9 INPUT AFTER EACH ENTRY , IT DEFAULTS BACK TO STANDARD ABC

12. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Battery life is awesome in my opinion, I had a t720, but no longer. I dont have to charger every night without wondering if the phone will die on me. I also get service in buildings, have not been on analog once. With the t720 it was a day to day thing of being on analog. I love this phone, but whats up with the speaker?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. mariat

mariat New Member

Which speaker are you talking about.. the speaker that plays the ringer.. or the speaker in the actual handset?

14. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The ringer. Im having no trouble hearing anyone so the actual phone speaker is fine, but the ringtone speaker, ahh i dont want anyone to hear my phone ring.

15. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    And Verizon1, to answer ur question about call qualtiy, its good. Its clear and crisp, and you can set it very loud for noisy places.

16. mariat

mariat New Member

Is it not loud enough for you??

I find mine is a LOT louder then my T720 was... how loud is yours set to and what ringer are you using?

17. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Not that its not loud, Its that muffled static noise like everyone is experiencing,.

18. mariat

mariat New Member

Ya I've heard about it but have yet to hear it on either my headset or my ringer...

Wonder whats up w/ that.. sorry I didn't have more for you but I have yet to experience that..

19. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Let me tell u, u r very lucky, and dont be sorry, be glad that you dont have this problem to be able to help! lol

20. mariat

mariat New Member

Oh ok... [​IMG]

I had enough of a shock today when I got home from the post office and there was no 4400 on my hip... I sorta went.. NOOOOOOOOOOO my new phone!!!!

Dang thing was outside in our snowy driveway.. sheesh! [​IMG]

21. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Dang, I would panic too! The clip seems flimsy, what is your experience?

22. mariat

mariat New Member

I was using the small bodyglove case...

I've only used that case the the leather case which I did not like cause on occasion when I'd move my shirt it'd open the phone up.. don't wanna snap it into two if I can avoid it.. [​IMG]

23. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Interesting

24. stratfink

stratfink Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    How is the earpiece volume on the VX4400 in loud environments compared to the Samsung SCH-A310 and are there any traditional ring tones? Thank You.

25. Ope

Ope New Member

Hey,
    Can you tell me if the color screen can be set to stay on or at least longer than 20 seconds. I switch from my VX1... I loved that phone to the Mot T720... and I've not be to happy with it.
    Thanks
    Ope

26. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Earpiece volume is loud!!! Dont forget to turn it down after having it up for a loud environment....ouch lol I have never had the a310 but i imagine u will be fine with this...
    The ringtones are pretty much polyphonic, some less and more professional than others.
    YES the backlight can stay on 7,15,30, or always on(on flip open). U can also set the keys to a different timer, which can save battery life a lot.

27. Imperitas

Imperitas New Member

I just got the 4400 tonight...took back the v60i for numerous reasons...

I played with the phone for about 2 hrs straight. I have never played with a cell phone that long! lol

Anyhow, I notice that when the phone is open, the top part (with the screen) doesn't stay securely in place. It moves just a little bit so everytime you put up against your ear or move it around, you feel the flip go back and forth a couple mm. It's kinda annoying but I am sure I won't even notice after a few days or so.

I just want to know if this is normal. Are you guys flips very rigid or is there a little movement when open?

I just posted this here instead of starting a new thread...hope you all see it.

28. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah, you can move it a bit, but its not goona break or anything. GREAT PHONE ISNT IT!

29. Imperitas

Imperitas New Member

Great! I was a little worried about it.

Yeah, I am pretty impressed. The voice sound quality is excellent. I can't understand why that v60 is so popular. I thought the speaker sounded like total poopoo.

The holster it comes with seems a little flimsy. I was worried about my $200 phone falling out so I got a leather case. Although, you have to remove the phone from the leather case to charge the thing! [​IMG]

So...but otherwise, the more I use it, the more I like it...

I noticed a little with the ringtones and the speaker. The speaker sounds ok but I think the volume goes to loud for whatever is in there. I am not one for ringtones so I don't care about that either....

The thing just seems so hi-tec after using my old n200 and the v60i..

30. mothra76

mothra76 Junior Member

I was using my 4400 last night on a full charge. I talked for an hour and I had the earpiece unit on, so the phone was closed. The reception is crystal clear even in low signal areas (IE.my room in the basement). After I was done only one of the four battery bar's were used. I was amazed. I had the T720 for a few weeks and this type of use wouldve just drained the battery. 4400 is the way to go for sure.