Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 and Text Alerts

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by TheBunk, Feb 23, 2003.

1. TheBunk

TheBunk New Member

Took me a little bit to figure out that the text alerts were set through the phone book (and the text alert option under messages dosen't seem to have any effect). I had it working fine yesterday. I have everyone set to lamp, with the exception of one person, who was set to vibrate. This morning though, every time I get a text message it vibrates. I set the one person back to lamp, and everyone still vibrates. Everyone on my list is either lamp or ringer1 (those who don't use SMS), so I've got no idea where it's getting the vibration from. Manner mode is not on, and the only thing that has vibrate on, is the voice mail reminder which is set to vibrate and remind.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, just don't know what.

Also having a bit of a problem with the phone book. Some of the entries seem to be getting cross linked. Their numbers either not showing up, or they're being put into another entry. I've gone through and deleted the offending entries and tried putting them in from scratch, but for one person it keeps doing it. Is this a known problem with the phone? I got it on friday, so I can still take it back for a new one, I don't know if I should or if it's something that all VX4400 have.

2. TheBunk

TheBunk New Member

Right figured out the problem with the text alerts. Apparently if you set the ringer to vibrate and high (or vibrate), it will add vibrate to the text messages as well. annoying, but no big deal, I can get around it.

Still having the issue with the phone book though

3. Twizzlers1437

Twizzlers1437 New Member

this absolutly nothing to do with text alerts but i didnt really know where to post this and i dont know how to make a new folder, lol anyway is there anyway to put the caller on speaker phone? thanks id really appreciate and answer [​IMG]

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    There is no way.

To put your caller on speakerphone you would have to trade your phone in for an Audiovox CDM9500 because the LG 4400 does not have one.