Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 and Screen flickering

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Slickerdoodle, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Slickerdoodle

Slickerdoodle New Member

I have the new VX4400 and the color screen sometimes flickers. Does anyone else have theirs do this?

2. mrnyc01

mrnyc01 Junior Member

I have had mine for a week....nope so screen flickering. You may want to check with the retailer you bought it from.

3. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    How bad is the "flicker" ?

I did see this yesterday on a friends 4400, and MY old V 111's use to pulsate from light to dark at a certain tempo that was a SW issue.

Is it pulsating or actually Flickering (ie. as if its going to go out for a split second)?

try a search, I know it was mentioned before here.

PS How is you battery life??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. heldicus

heldicus Junior Member

Mine tends to dim and go back to normal every so often. The most recent time it did that I noticed I had my finger wrapped around the base of the antenna. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Are the single bars changing in this condition?

Also: how long have you had the phone?

Any other issues with it.

New SW is coming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bjork

Bjork New Member

I recently bought a 4400, and the first thing that I noticed was that when I turned the backlight down under 40% it started to flicker. When it got under 20, it would flicker quite a bit. I went back to the store and asked the guy about it, and he said he had never heard anything about a problem with the screen or phone like that. I keep my brightness at 80% and it doesn't flicker at all. Otherwise, I love the phone.

7. Slickerdoodle

Slickerdoodle New Member

My phone actually FLICKERED went from light to dark light to dark when I was in ANALOG talking area. Sorry this area has no CDMA yet. The screen would flicker while only placing the call and the screen was set around 30 - 35 percent brightness.

When the screen is set for 80 percent the screen doens't flicker nor does it flicker as harshly when it is making calls in digital mode. Might be a software issue when the power draw is different for analog versus digital.

Battery life so far is fine for a color phone. I don't want to give this one up because this has good RF qualities when compared to my V120C that I still use. The VX4400 keeps and holds calls in the digital a lot better. I have tried both phones in the same spot within minutes of each other on the outside of coverage areas. VX4400 keeps the signal V120C MOTO 2 bars but no get through.

Overall I love the phone just I want to know if the Flickering is to be expected that has been the only downside to the color screen so far. Certainly easy to live with compared to the B&W screens with the harsh green touch to them.

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah the "pulsating" is to be expected. Mine does it regardless of contrast/brightness setting though.

9. i27e

i27e Member

i THINK it is bc its an STN screen and it MAY have something to do with interlacing

but i really dont know

10. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    I have noticed absolutely no flickering with mine until I set the brightness too low to actually be usable, like 38%, anything above that, no flicker at all.