Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 and plastic coverings...

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Verizon1, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

What's up with the pastic covers that go over the screws at the top of the inside screen? They seem to fall off easily. Has anyone else experienced this? I think they are supposed to cushion the phone when you shut it. Does it cause a problem not having them there?

2. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

anyone experiencing this problem yet?

3. BWayne

BWayne New Member

Only when I placed the phone in the leather cover. I pushed it in tighter and no problem since.

4. TCMAN41

TCMAN41 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000 blk
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    What phone are you talking about the LG VX4400 or something else. The only thing my LG VX4400 had on it when I got was a plastic
    film to protect the lcd from getting scratched in shipment, it is supposed to be removed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

Sorry, forgot to mention the model number. Yes, the 4400. I'm talking about the very small plastic circles that cover the two screws at the top of the screen. I've heard someone else on this message board mention that his fell out and I went to the Verizon store and found that they popped out rather easily. It looks like these plastic pieces prevent the phone from touching the keypad when the phone is closed.

6. RooK

RooK New Member

Verizon1 I had that problem but I solved it easily I placed a little bit of crazy glue on top of the screws and glued them to the screw and they will never fall out :) Those two rubber heads are important because they cushion the phone.

RooK

PS. I have no intension of opening the phone so I don't need to mess with those screws.

7. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

Rook- Did your plastic coverings fall off before you crazy glued them back in or did you pop them out and then glue them in?

It seemed that they were difficult to pop back into place. Did you get them to set properly?

8. dcghost

dcghost New Member

Hey, I had the problem too. I am wondering if Verizon or Radio Shack, where I got it, has them to replace. I would hate to have to get a new phone just for it. But I would cuz I know that they are important. I will use glue on them if i get a new phone, do you think Radio Shack would have any problems replacing it for me, I have only had the phone for a couple of days.

Thanks for the thread the the link Verizon ;P

9. Alex

Alex Senior Member

Call LG at 1-800-793-8896. They should be able to send you that plastic that covers the screws.

10. Verizon1

Verizon1 Member

It's amazing to me that LG let this pass through before the release. This is an important covering, actually not really a covering but more of a device to keep the phone from touching the keys.

11. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have 1 lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. grotgrot

grotgrot Guest

One of mine fell out as well. Email helpdesk@lginfocomm.com with your address and they will send replacement(s). I was wondering why they didn't give me a hard time.

Roger

13. RooK

RooK New Member

LG ROCKS!

I just sent and e-mail to LG just to test them out and told them about my rubbers witch I no longer needed since I glued mines :)
    Well I sent them an e-mail about 2 hours later I get a response send us your address I replyed with the address 1 hour later I got an e-mail telling me that they will go ASAP!! I said to my self yeah right.......

Well guess what today the ups man came with a 12'x6' box from LG I thought it was a new phone or something lol . I opened it and indeed they sent me replacement rubbers 6 of them just in case.

But I have no need for them since mines are glued to the case [​IMG] I have no intensions to open the phone.

So if any of your guys need some of them e-mail or pm me and I will ship them out to you.

I feel extremely happy that LG has such a great response to take care of their clients.

RooK

14. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I dont see why you need them, the phone touches the keys anyways. IF you have greasse or something on your keys and you open the phone, you will see marks on the screen where the buttons touch.

15. cheryl302

cheryl302 New Member

Yeah, my little rubber bumper things fell off too! I was wondering if that happened to anyone else!

So you're saying I can just e-mail LG, and they'll send me some new ones? Cool! [​IMG]

Thanks for the good info!

16. joez148

joez148 New Member

Doe's actual Crazy Glue do the job,I tried some other type of glue and it didn't work. Just want to make sure.I don't want to try to many things, to avoid messing the phone up.

17. AZMerf

AZMerf Member

My leather(ette) cover keeps them in place I guess. Interesting thread. I'll be carefull if I ever take the cover off.