Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 and PictureID

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by LoveTheTones, May 31, 2003.

1. LoveTheTones

LoveTheTones New Member

I've read that you can associate pictures with a particular number when it calls in, but I can't seem to do this. I edited and placed the picture with that number in the phone book, but when the call comes in, it is just the standard call background. Am I crazy, or does the VX4400 not have this feature?

Thanks

2. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The VX4400 does have this feature.

When the person calls you, do they call from a number that has been programmed into your phone under that persons memory location?

Are you sure that their caller ID is not blocked when they call you?

Try programming your home phone number or someone elses # and edit the caller ID and ringer and make a test call, make sure that the above mentioned steps are checked to make sure theres a number associated with the person calling you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LoveTheTones

LoveTheTones New Member

Yea, I have my home number programmed in Caller ID. I also have a custom ringtone. But when I go to the image selector right below the MEMO field, I select it then select a picture. I select the picture, and it doesn't even associate with the correct picture, it puts the name of a different picture when i hit SELECT. Then when I do a test call, it just rings and I open it and its the blank background for a call. Is it possible my phone is screwed up?

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    seems like it.......try having verizon take a look at it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheBunk

TheBunk New Member

sounds like your index file's been hosed. You've probably deleted a picture from the phone, which will cause this. You'll have to download the image index map file and rebuild it.

6. LoveTheTones

LoveTheTones New Member

Thanks Bunk. Is there an easy way to explain how to do that? I did delete the hot air balloons that the phone came with I think.

7. Alex

Alex Senior Member

How did you delete the hot air ballones?

8. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    hey my index files been royally blasted also. does anyone have one that is untouched ? i cant stand the half words and when i delete pics the words stay with a blank screen. Or if i can rebuild how do i ?"