Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 + Analog = annoying

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by ejoech, Jun 11, 2003.

1. ejoech

ejoech New Member

Hey all. I've had the VX4400 since mid February and have had no real complaints up until this past week or two. At my house, I never got great service..but if I put my cell phone in a certain spot on my desk, I would always get service. However, this past week, I would hardly ever get 1x service when I put my cell there...it would usually be Analog if it got any service at all. I have NEVER been able to place or receive a call when the phone is in analog mode...What can I do about this? Also, sometimes my phone will have one bar of 1x strength and it will just sit there all day saying "connecting"..

For example, tonight at 11pm a friend of mine called my cell phone...I received the call fine...She said she would call me back in an hour...it was very important...12am came around and all I had was ANALOG...and was unable to receive any call. I tried going outside...I got a 1x signal, but it would still NOT make a call.

This is really becoming frustrating, and I'm about to go to Verizon and complain.

My Rx power is usually between -90 and -110 at my house, if that means anything.

Thanks.

2. Badams1

Badams1 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Just force your phone to use CDMA (digital) only. [​IMG]

Menu > 0 > 000000

This will take you to the programing menu. From there, just go to force mode and set it to CDMA only.

I keep my phone in this mode even though I usually get a good digital signal anyway...........but it guarantees me that my phone won't slip into analog for some stupid reason and drain my battery.

[​IMG]

3. verizontrader

verizontrader New Member

Thats sorta the same problem i had with my 4400, thats how i got the A530, verizon swapped it out free of charge for me.
    Frank

4. Badams1

Badams1 Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Personally........I like to know analog is there if I need it.

Otherwise I just keep it disabled and all is well.

[​IMG]

5. ejoech

ejoech New Member

I have no problem using an analog signal - however the problem is that the phone will NOT receive or be able to place a call while in Analog...

6. Tdog

Tdog Junior Member

Has anyone here noticed that in Analog mode, that the clock does not register the correct time?
    Or maybe it was in Roam? not sure now...but for a while on the road in upper Michigan, the clock on the phone would not read correctly, then when I got back to normal service (1X), the clock showed corrected time..is this normal?

I never had this problem with my startac??

7. Lenney97

Lenney97 Junior Member

I believe this is normal because with the newer phones, the phone gets the current time from the cell towers. So if you are on the analog signal you will not get the time.

8. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Take your phone back to a Verizon store, explain this, and demand a new phone.

9. pilotnh

pilotnh New Member

Then your problem isn't limited to analog because 1x is a digital signal.

10. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    its possible it may be the handset....if you cant make a call on one bar of analog or digital. i can make and recieve calls on one bar all day long in my house.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

I've ben having a problem lately as well. My phone will occasionally bounce between Extended Area and regualr VZW service. It's very irritating especially since in the last 2 weeks I have just gotten voice mails, but the phone has never rang. Its getting irritating, my signal in my house has never been great, but it always rings. I have also had 2 lost calls in the past week. I'm thinking about complaining, but I doubt it will do any good. Any advice?...

12. mothra76

mothra76 Junior Member

I dont know if complaining will do you much good. Sounds like you are in a low signal area, like myself. In my house I get 1 bar too (on my 4400). Sometimes its a strong one bar of signal and other times its quite weak and it will show it has one bar and I can try to call my phone maybe 5 times from my landline and maybe 1 out of 5 times it will actually ring. Sometimes I will have a voicemail that comes in around 11pm (when Im asleep) and it doesnt chime or notify me until I walk out of the house, yes very annoying, but thats what we get with weak signals. My phone also does not like to get calls or make calls while in analog, even though the analog signal is stronger with 4 bars.

13. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

Ya, I get one bar at best in my house. It hasn't really been acting up until the past few weeks. If it continues I might consider switching, my plan is up at the end of the summer. It is pointless to have a phone that won't work at my house. I guess it's just a bad area. One of my roomates has Sprint (haha, thats a laugh...you know he doesnt get a signal either) and my other roomate has Cingular. Cingular doesn't seem to be too bad, his signal is pretty low as well. I used to have AT&T and I got dropped calls ALL the time. That doesn't leave me much else. I don't want GSM, thats out of the question. I may try a different phone or something.........[​IMG]

Also MOTHRA, I see you previously had a Kyocera and now have the 4400. I used to have a Kyocera as well (2235). Have you noticed the 4400 doesnt seem to get as good reception? What is your experience?.......... Thanks

14. mothra76

mothra76 Junior Member

Best of luck with not having a strong signal at your house, sounds like my situation too. I live in a rural area and verizon and alltel (I think at least, being my phone roams over to alltel sometimes) are about the only services that will work out there. Sprint PCS is nearly non existent out there, I don't even think I can get a signal in my house. GSM service is also non existent. So sounds like you might be stuck with either no service or bad service.

Dantheswim-Yes I had a kyocera 3035, it was a great phone for making and receiving calls on and getting all alerts in a timely fashion (at my weak signaled house). I still have the phone and it works fine, never had any problems really. Got much better reception then the 4400. I think I would purchase another kyocera if they made a nice, light, color candy bar style phone. I know they have some coming out, I guess I will have to just wait.

15. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i forced my phone also, and I get extended network a lot. This is sprint, and I wonder how I get such strong extended network signal when sprint is supposed to be awful(and it is on sprint phones) here but I get extended network quite a bit!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. njsvrzncdma

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    the sprint towers may be closer to where you are as opposed to verizons.

17. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have found the 4400's reception above average, yet also not the best. I was in a super weak area, my 4400 and my friends 120c were going in and out of service, while another friends Kyocera 2235 was making calls fine. And to think my 4400 is better in reception than my 510...

18. njsvrzncdma

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    hope the vx6000 is even better ! however im still wary about this no analog thing......if it it only had analog it would be perfect....oh and mpg ringtones.

19. yoblazek

yoblazek New Member

I had a Kyocera (2135) and It always had good reception at my friends house, it showed almost full always, and I was always able to send a recive calls fine. I got a vx4400 recently and the reception at my friends house is terrible. Im almost never in 1x its always anolog and when I try and make a call like 1 out of like 8 actually go through. I like everything about my vx4400 better exept the major trade off was going to such less reception in some places.