Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX4400 - am I roaming???

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Static, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Static

Static New Member

I just got my VX4400 two days ago and I love it! Of course I had a Nokia 3360 before so I should like the VX4400 compared to that!

I have one question, however. It's more about Verizon service I guess. I have the America's choice plan. From what I understand when I am on standby and the screen says "extended network" I am NOT in a roaming area. However, as soon as I recieve or make a call the word "roam" appears with a counter ticking off the minutes. The Verizon guy, where I bought the phone, claims I am not actually roaming and it's something funny about the 4400. Anyone else notice this? And if so, when you got your bill did you get charged for roaming? Any clairification from someone who has actually dealt with this issue on a VX4400 would be great....thanks!

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, you are not roaming. It is a software glitch that causes the phone to say "roam" whenever you are on a SID (system ID) other than your "home SID.

For example, in Ohio my SID is 00021. When I went to Wisconsin last week Verizon is a different SID. My phone said "roam" everytime I made a call and I was still on Verizon...not even the extended network. The ONLY time you need to worry that you are roaming is when the little roam triangle is solid. As long as it is flashing or not there at all, you will not be charged roaming.

3. mrnyc01

mrnyc01 Junior Member

In addition...you need to do two things to stop it.

Press *228 from your home area to update your roaming

and....

Get the V05 upgrade on your phone....from Verizon

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The version 05 s/w does not correct this problem, but supposedly version 06 does. I had version 05 on my phon and it still displayed "roam"

*228 has absolutely nothing to do with this issue...it is a phone software issue.

5. Static

Static New Member

Thanks....that helps a lot. As long as I know when I am on roaming and when I'm not I'll be a happy camper!

6. foneprob

foneprob New Member

Go to verizon store to servuce and ask them to flash your roam and your problem will be taken care off.

7. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    foneprob-

that is only true if the Verizon store Static goes to has version 06. Some stores/locations don't even seem to have version 05 yet, let alone version 06!