Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX440 - Disable Analog Option?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Flyer00, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Flyer00

Flyer00 Junior Member

I have the VX4400 and live in a 1x area. However, for some weird reason in the parking lot of my work building, where the 1x signal is pretty strong, is starts switching back and forth between Analog and 1x usually every 10-15 seconds. I have no idea why because each time it switches back to 1x it has a nearly full signal. So my question - is there a way to limit it to only 1x and digital? My old phone used to have an option to disable analog, but I can't seem to find it on this one. Thanks!

2. nunyabiz

nunyabiz New Member

soft menu 8 3 1 and select home only i believe....

3. ranch

ranch New Member

It's simple:

Goto: Menu > 0 > 000000 (the code is all 0's) > force mode > CDMA only. You'll never goto analog.

4. Vyruz

Vyruz Junior Member

yeah, its not thru the menu option either. all you do is hit the menu soft key, press 0 then it will ask you for a service code. the code is 000000 (six zeros) then go to force mode. after u are there choose cdma only and there u have it. you phone will only stay in 1x or digital, and wont switch over to analog. beware tho, this can cause for more drop calls. hope this helps

5. nunyabiz

nunyabiz New Member

Sorry i was thinking of roaming...if the fone goes analog is it considered roaming?

6. jcarson

jcarson Junior Member

Depending on the tower, analog is not normally roaming. I HAVE had it jump from 4-bar 1x to a ROAMING analog signal. Thats weird.

7. t6821hn

t6821hn Junior Member

My Phone:
    Vertu Ascent Ti Knurled
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, T-Mobile, Iridium
    I hear that Verizon is upgrading their towers to read Digital signals only so you may experience a time where your phone will read Analog as they are currently testing those towers. The other reason your phone may go into Analog is because the Digial side is overloaded so the tower switches you over to Analog to accomodate your needs. Try a call on the Analog side, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.

8. Flyer00

Flyer00 Junior Member

Vyruz-- does this really increase dropped calls? I thought that your phone could not switch between digital and analog while you were in a call anyway without dropping it?

Also, I noticed there was a "PCS only" option in there. Does this mean if I choose "CDMA only" I cannot use digital PCS towers? I know that in some areas where I live, Verizon shares Sprint's towers and there are times when my phone uses Sprint's towers for a better signal. I wouldn't want to disable that from happening.

I don't really mind it going into analog once in a while, but I've noticed that for the first few seconds after each switch, your calls go straight to voice mail. So if my phone is switching between digital and analog every 10 seconds or so, I could be missing calls.