Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX3200 Not detected

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by msgtgumby, Mar 4, 2006.

1. msgtgumby

msgtgumby New Member

Bought a USB data cable for a VX3200/VX6100 phone. Actually here's a link to what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5869738538

The thing won't detect my phone. I followed the directions to install the driver which were run the setup program then reboot and attach the cable. When I attached the cable it did nothing. Driver is installed but the computer won't detect the phone. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

2. mtyler7807

mtyler7807 New Member

I have the same phone. My service provider is Alltel. I had to go to the axcess program that is on the phone to download one free wallpaper. The program that I used is called bitpim. As long as you have you driver installed for your usb cable and the correct port settings in the program. If you phone is set to 115 kbps then set your usb port to the same thing. Make sure that the pc connection for the usb is set to active on the phone. Use a progtram called bitj to add a wallpaper to the phone( you must have one picture on the phone downloaded from the axcess program on the phone or it will not go. and that wallpaper must be set as active at the time of adding you r custom wallpaper. You are not really adding a wallpaper, you are kinda super glueing a wallpaper on top of another wallpaper. and that is the only way at the time to add a custom wallpaper without paying a company host you picture and then going through the axcess program to get it.) Now to add a custom ringtone use bitpim. click on ringtones and click add mp3 and chop up the mp3 and add the mp3 to to the phone by clicking send data to phone(make sure that you replace all). You might have a file on adding that has no size click once and delete. It might not delete but keep trying it will go. and that is it. Good luck!!!

3. msgtgumby

msgtgumby New Member

Have no idea what Axcess is, must be an Alltel thing, I use Verizon. I figured it out though, my cable wasn't seriel as required by the phone. I guess a hint should have been that the bitj program kept trying to detect com1 huh? Thanks for trying to help!