Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Vx3100 problem ??

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by MikeyBoy, Jan 29, 2004.

1. MikeyBoy

MikeyBoy Junior Member

yea i have had my phone for about 10 days and today for the first time for about a hour i was unable to make or receive calls, kept saying system problem try again. After about an hour i turned phone offf then on again and seems to be okay for now..Is this a common problem, if so i want to know so i can get another phone before my 15 days are up...thanks

2. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    i'm not sure, but i do not think this is a common problem. sometimes the best thing to do when you have a problem with your phone, whatever it is, is to power it down and restart it. they're getting to be more and more like computers. hopefully this won't happen again, but if it does let us know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

First Question..........WHY THE 3100, cheap cheap cheap. At least spend moer that $19.99 for a phone........you gonna get what you pay for

4. VTEC01EX

VTEC01EX Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E105
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's cheap... but works well.

It sounds like a network problem to me.

5. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    i agree with Vtech, sounds like the network was overloaded, there goes all those new customers Verizon signed last quarter, Wayne i have to disagree with your comment about the 3100, it may not have all the bells and whistles but it's still a solid performing phone, good RF and battery life, clear calls which is what a cell phone is supposed to do to begin with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

I am sorry, but I will have to disagree with you on that. I have two friends from my church that have the 3100 and complain of lousy reception, dropped calls and horrible voice clarity. I can vouch for that, because everytime they call me at home or on my cell it is choppy and broken. Also, they have trouble getting a decent signal in the lower level of our church. However, the VX4400 gets a decent signal in the lower level. Different internals and antenna?

7. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    well i have to disagree with you also, i had the 3100 and it was on par with my 6k, i think you also have to consider where you are using your phone and how good a tower is covering your area , there have been many people that have complain about the 4400 saying is has terrible RF where here in my area it has performed flawlessly, so point is that a phone will performed different depending and the area where it's used, now keep in mind that the 4400 is a tri-mode vs the 3100 dual.

8. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

I am not an expert on phones by any means. I just wanted to pass on what I experienced or seen first hand. The reason for this site is to be informative and help people make buying decisions a little easier. I do agree with you Tony E, the towers in your region, area etc..might be better, worse, a little different and results may vary. Like I said, I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but feel it is important to report the good and bad as I have experienced it. That's why I came to this site for advice. I want honest opinions, even if the opinions differ from person to person and area to area and experience to experience. As with any electronic device, there will be some inconsistencies from unit to unit even on the same model.

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    that i do agree with, and by no means am i an expert, all i can do is give you and everyone here my un-biased and honest opinions from my personal first hand experiences from using different cell phones, and i do appreciate your feedback, i'm not sure how to read your reply, but i feel like maybe you took it personal and by no means is not, i also just wanted to post my personal experience with the 3100.[​IMG]

10. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

No, not at all. I just want to make sure that people do not think they are getting expert advice from me. No harm meant. It is nice to see there are people, like yourself, that give honest and unbiased opinions and keeping other people's feelings in mind. But like I said, no offense taken. Ok,I revealed too much of my emotions......"How 'bout those Bears?" Take care, and thanks for your input and help.

Oh yeah, bye the way, I am the man of the house......when my wife and kids are not there !!!!!

11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    lol.........i hear ya Lets456......i know your a good guy.[​IMG] i know what you mean about the wife and kids, but you gotta love it.[​IMG]
    have a great day buddy.[​IMG]

12. lets456

lets456 Junior Member

You to. Have a great weekend. If only the weekends were longer, warmer and included fishing and a round of golf.....I hate this cold weather !!!!!!

13. neilk

neilk Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Gotta throw in my 2 cents [​IMG] I am not an expert with these things either. But ... between my vx6000 and my wife's vx3100 ... we have no problems communicating with each other so far in the month that we've had both. Voice is good on both, as are reception. With our previous Startac 7868's (2), we could barely maintain a connection calling from the same locations that we are now using the 6k/3100 combo from. There is no breakup of voice or signal, and on my 6k, it sounds like she's calling from a landline. She hasn't complained about her end either. [​IMG]

14. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    You said ", kept saying system problem try again"
    Did the PHONE say that or did a recording say that!

IF the phone did not connect, it is likley the phone. That way the restart could have helped by rebooting. IF this is it and it happens again and again, swap the phone out for another. Or at least check the VZW store for a software upgrade. I have had to with my LG phones.

IF you got a system BUSY or recording its likley the cell system.

15. MikeyBoy

MikeyBoy Junior Member

when i tried to make a call , it would try to connect, they phone would make a buzz sound them flash on screen system failure try again, this kept happen till i finnally thought of turning off then on again, and seems fine since then.

16. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw

OK; it is the PHONE, not the system. IF it does it too often swap it for another.
    Also make sure that you get the latest software update too.

Best of luck.

17. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    a friend of mine has the 3100 and loves it, i haven't noticed any problems with voice clarity or anything while i'm talking to him...hmm...bad handset maybe?