Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX2000...pretty impressive so far

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by AnthroMatt, Apr 21, 2003.

1. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, I have only had the phone a couple hours, but it sure beats that Samsung a310 I just tried out. Yikes. Other than the ringtones (which are the same as those that come on the 4400) I would say this is a nice little phone. No frills of course, but the speakerphone sounds pretty good. Not quite as good as the Motorola 270c, but much better than the Audiovox 9500. Earpiece volume/clarity are also pretty good. I don't really play too many games on my phones, but the Mobile Hawk helicopter game is pretty fun. If this phone supported downloadable ringtones (so I could try and get a normal sounding ringtone) it would probably be perfect.

Of course it's still early, so my opinion may change, but I think this phone is probably the best phone Verizon sells for under $100 (not including any rebates they might currently have).

2. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

Sounds good. If I was interested in a "candybar style " phone, that's the one I'd be considering too.

3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, I am convinced this is the best candybar phone (I prefer 'em) that Verizon is currently selling with the possible exception of the Audiovox 9155 (which is no longer available once the current supply runs out), but I have no personal experience with the Audiovox, so I can't compare the two.

I was hesistant about the VX2000 at first because it has no side buttons for vcolume control, but the volume key is surprisingly easy to use while the phone is at your ear....

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It sounds like LG finally pulled there heads out and made a good inexpensive phone. I didn't even consider the phone, because I didn't hear anything about it. And the problems people were having with the VX10, made me shy away from the phone which was $80 cheaper than the VX10.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yikes! $80? Here the VX-10 is 99/129 before $50 rebate and the VX2000 is $69/$99 with no rebate. So the rebate makes the VX-10 $20 cheaper.

Did I finally find a phone that is cheaper in the Ohio market than everywhere else? LOL

6. Kenster

Kenster Senior Member

Yeah, I also recommended the LG VX2000 to a couple of people who were looking for a candy-bar style phone. Mind you, there are also a lot of fans of the Kyocera 2235 but I think that the VX2000 is of better quality and has a nice speakerphone.

7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I was talking about the phones at there full retail prices in SoCal, $170 for the VX2000 & $250 for the VX10. With a 2 yr agreement the VX2000 is $70 and the VX10 is $50 after rebate.