Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX1 vs VX10

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by C44335, Sep 29, 2002.

1. C44335

C44335 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm in the process of changing phones.
    I've narrowed it down to these two phones.
    I'm kinda leading towards the VX10.

Anyone have any experiences with the two ?

Radio Shack has the VX10 for $69.00 starting 9/29 (With $50 trade in of old phone) $119 without,
    where as the VX1 is $169 (Not sure if the trade in plan applys to this phone).

T-Mobil is a Great company to deal with,(When was the last time anyone had their plan upgraded in the middle of a contract) unfortunatly their coverage in South Jersey ain't very good.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The VX1 is a phone with many problems. In fact the problems were in such an amount that LG went and immediately put out the LG-VX10 after it.

The VX-10 is the solution of all the problems the VX1 had with even more features like the ability to work with Verizon's "Get it Now" service where you can download games/ringtones, etc.

DO NOT go for the VX1. The VX10 was created to push the VX1 off the market because Verizon has had so many problems with the phone.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i've had the VX1 for a few months now and havent experienced a single problem with it
    what are the "many problems" you speak of?

4. bbycrts

bbycrts New Member

Can you reference that data that supports the claim that the VX10 was "created to push the VX1 off the market?" I'm trying to decide between the two and would love to see some concrete data. Not that I don't trust your statement, but since you're Anonymous and make some claims without any kind of support for them, I'd like to see some outside data to corroborate them.

Thanks

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I've got a VX-1 and (granted I've nothing to compare it to) I don't think it's THAT bad. I love the screen and most of the operations are very logical; the phone also looks good and the RF performance (most important) seems reasonable. I'm still not a fan of LG the company but it was the best 1X phone available when I bought it and I've no regrets.

The above being said; if you REALLY thought the VX-1 was awful and LG said they created the VX-10 to correct all the problems would you WANT to buy another phone from them? Oh, yeah, we produced and sold a piece of s**t last time but THIS time we got it right? Do you think that, under those circumstances, they'd laugh a lot each time they sold a VX-10? [​IMG]

=NLK=

6. Guest

Guest Guest

to the guy right above me, come on. think before you type.

Anyways, the VX-10 has everything that that VX-1 has, with the addition of the Get it Now(Brew) feature. Verizon needs more phones with this technology to complete with Sprint's Vision, that's why they're pushing it. Until Oct. 31 I believe, you can purchase the updated VX-10 for 69.99 @ RadioShack with rebates, so why would you pay 150 at a Verizon store to get the Brew-less VX-1, I don't know. Hope this helps.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem for you is that I DO think before I type.

We can do this the hard way or the easy way. I'll try the latter for now: even though you didn't say anything I'll ask: what was it with what I typed that you disagreed? If you've got any facts to back up your argument please do include them.

=NLK=

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Is there any improvement in ring loudness on the VX10. It seems like the only difference is that it is BREW enabled. The ring loudness is very bad on the VX1. I have a chance to exchange my VX1 for the VX10. Are there any other differences.

Thanks

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got my VX10 yesterday, but ring loudness seems to be just fine to me. So far, so good with this phone!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

What other benifits are there to the VX-10 over the VX-1

11. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Features.................the vx1 is a discountinued phone already. Might as well step and get the vx10......me personally would go with the samsung a310 or even the 720 from motorola

12. amphibian

amphibian Senior Member

http://www.prnewswire.com/news/

Verizon Wireless Brings the VX10 by LG Mobile Phones To Consumers for an Enhanced Communication Experience

LG and Verizon Wireless' Newest Phone Enables Consumers
    To Access Express Network and Latest 'Get It Now' Games and Service

BEDMINSTER, N.J. and SAN DIEGO, Oct. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones announce the availability of the VX10 wireless handset that can access the Express Network(SM) -- Verizon Wireless' national high-speed wireless data network. The VX10 features LG's signature external
    LCD for quick access to Caller ID, a handy 4-way navigation key, 2-way short messaging capability and boasts a large, easy-to-read internal LCD that works great for both text messages and graphics.

"The VX10 offers the latest handset technologies and innovations. When combined with the Verizon Wireless nationwide network -- both data and voice -- the handset gives consumers an unrivaled mobile communication experience,"
    said Dan Gralak, vice president of sales for LG Mobile Phones. "The extremely lightweight VX10 is focused on complementing and enhancing consumers' lives
    through functionality, design and style."
    The VX10, which retails for $199.99 with a two-year customer agreement, is available online at http://www.verizonwireless.com and at Verizon Wireless' 1,300 Communications Stores nationwide.
    "The VX10 complements our Express Network service with its smart, compact design that is loaded with useful features," said Rich Meigh, vice president, product procurement for Verizon Wireless. "Our rigorous phone-testing program delivers the highest-quality equipment to our customers, a standard that we
    know they appreciate and have come to expect."
    When the VX10 is used with a compatible Mobile Office connectivity kit (sold separately) and laptop, customers can access the Express Network. This robust and expansive high-speed wireless data network is available today in more than 800 cities and towns throughout the U.S. -- from coast-to-coast,
    North to South and in the West and Midwest. Connecting to the Internet has never been faster, thanks to the high-speed voice and data capabilities of the VX10.
    Verizon Wireless' Get It Now(SM) service is also compatible with the VX10 so consumers nationwide can download a variety of games, entertainment and productivity applications over the air onto their phone. Customers can Get Games to stay entertained when waiting in line, personalize their
    take-everywhere accessory when they Get Tones, and do their work more efficiently when they Get Going.
    The VX10 also offers the following features:

* 1XRTT/Tri-Mode (800 MHz AMPS/800 MHz CDMA/1900 MHz PCS Operation)

* 2.5mm headset jack to accept universal hands-free headsets

* Caller ID ringers

* CMX MIDI sound for ringers and games

* Internal and external LCD display with time/date and caller ID

* Web browser

* CDMA data capable

* 2-Way text messaging

* Scheduler for maintaining appointments

* Up to 6 entries for 199 important contacts

* Express Network capable (Mobile Office kit sold separately)

* 4-way navigation key

* 19 ringer tones plus vibrating alert

* Calculator

* Bilingual (English & Spanish)

* 1-Year limited warranty

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless
    communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 30.3 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and
    Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at
    http://www.verizonwireless.com.

About HopeLine(SM)
    Verizon Wireless encourages customers who are upgrading their wireless phone to the new VX10 to participate in its exclusive HopeLine(SM) phone recycling program. The national HopeLine program distributes previously owned wireless phones to victims of domestic violence, supports non-profit domestic
    violence advocacy groups and provides an environmentally safe method of recycling phones. Donations are accepted at all 1,300-plus Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the country. For additional information,
    customers can also visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.

About LG InfoComm U.S.A.
    Headquartered in San Diego, California, LG InfoComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), is the North American wireless division of LGE USA, a business unit of LG Electronics of Seoul, Korea. With annual sales of $17.5 billion, LGE employs over 55,000 individuals worldwide and operates research and development, manufacturing, and sales and marketing facilities
    around the world. LGE was the first manufacturer to commercialize the CDMA digital mobile communication system with its support of the launch of the SK Telecom Network in Korea. LG's expertise in designing sleek, user-friendly phones has proven wildly successfully in the U.S. market, where the company's market share of all CDMA handsets has grown to 12 percent in just three years.
    In 2002 LG is planning to further increase this penetration with an aggressive brand campaign and a competitive line of next generation high-speed voice mobile phones. The company is further strengthening its position as a major CDMA handset supplier in the U.S. by developing handsets for CDMA2000
    1x wireless networks that will offer high-speed voice and data capacity. For more information please visit at http://www.LGmobilephones.com.