Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX1 Text Messaging Problem....Anyone??

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by GMan911, Sep 30, 2002.

1. GMan911

GMan911 New Member

Hello,

Here is my problem..Normally when I send a test message, and go to my outbox there is a black arrow to the right. Upon the recipient receiving the message, that black arrow would turn into a check mark, to show that the message was delivered (delivery confirmation). I stopped getting these checkmarks, and took my phone back to Verizon, and the swapped it out with a new VX1. Life was great, until now (about a month later) my checkmarks have ceased to come up again, even though the messages are delivered.. I have tried:

taking the battery off
    Pressing *18
    Pressing *228 (option 1)
    Pressing *228 (option 2)

And my delivery confirmation is turned on.. Any ideas?? Thanks alot.

Glenn

2. Alex

Alex Senior Member

More than likely the "Delivery ACK" has been turned off.
    To turn on this option:
    Press the Upper arrow. Select 2 (Send Msg). Type the phone nubmer then select option and Continue. Type the message and select option. Select option again from the list. Use the down arrow key and select Delivery ACK. Press ok and use the upper arrow key and select "on" and press ok.
    I hope that fix the problem.

3. GMan911

GMan911 New Member

Thanks alot for the reply Alex, I have tried that, but it still doesn't work.. I even tried turning it off, sending a message then turning it back on and sending again.. But no good.. I even tried the "enhanced" option in the delivery ack section, and it still doesnt work..

Glenn

4. Alex

Alex Senior Member

This is a network problem. The delivery acknowledge will send back by the carrier’s network to the phone and phone will stamp that notifications by putting the check mark. Verizon has been ready to launch the new SMS system that maybe is causing that. You need to talk to Verizon technical support someone at the switchboard. They may need to reset your account. I know it is hard to find someone knowledgeable but you got to try.
    I don't believe this is the phone problem.
    This happens to me sometimes on certain area when I am traveling. There are some web sites that explain more technical and detail info about the actual SMS system.
    SMS, voice mail,.. notifications are always the network related. This is the same case that you don’t get the voice mail notifications if you are outside of the Verizon network. (Even if you are in the digital area)
    You probably know what I am talking about if you are traveling a lot.
    But I have to admit Verizon at least has a great service in most area.
    Good luck,

5. GMan911

GMan911 New Member

Yeah i hear what you are saying.. I did notice that the voice on my vocemail is different, and a few things have changed..This happened after the network was all screwed up for a day or so, so I guess they were upgrading, or whatnot. Anyway, i tried calling LG, and they just said "send the phone in" and I called verizon, and worked my way up to the head tech, they reset my network switch and to no avail, still NO checkmark..So I basically give up, i have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, including going to verizon, and they did not have the proper software to re-do my phone..So i have exhausted all my efforts lol.. I just wish it worked [​IMG]