Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VX 6000 Release Date

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by KriegsCCX, Jun 23, 2003.

1. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    kriegs,

i heard some talk of a promotion for current customers (in contract) being given somethign off full retail for switching to an MMS enabled phone....any idea about this? or know anything about the audiovox 8600?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. manuel2500

manuel2500 New Member

I called Verizon Wireless last night and I asked them about the release date of this phone and they didnt know, but the person I spoke with put me on hold to ask someone else and after waiting a while for an answer, she said it will come out nationwide July 8th. I also asked them if it would be possible to exchange pictures with SprintPCS Vision folks and she said yes. I hope this information is accurate.

For those of you who, like me, will be getting a new phone before your contract is up, you will have to upgrade your plan to a $50/mo plan at least in order to pay the $200 or so that a new phone will cost.

3. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    i doubt it will work iwth vision, unless they use the same software....which ive heard nothing about

if you allready have a $50/month plan will they give you the promotional price?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. manuel2500

manuel2500 New Member

Im not sure. I didnt ask about that. I'm going to call them up again and ask them about what happens if you already have a $50/mo plan. Does anyone here know if that upgrade to $50/mo can be avoided by paying the full retail price of the new phone? I wanna get the VX6000 when it comes out. If its cheaper to get the phone at retail price then i'll go for that since I dont need another 100 mins. I currently have the $40 plan. I even went further by asking them if I will be required to get a $60/mo plan if I wanted to get a new phone before my new contract is up after upgrading to a $50 plan. Of course, they said no. They better have.

Does anyone know of any other camera phones that will be released around this time of the year? My VX-1 needs to retire.

5. KriegsCCX

KriegsCCX Junior Member

The "upgrade to the $50 plan" described is talking about the recent Early Upgrade Policy Verizon put into effect.

If you are on a two-year contract, you may upgrade, given the following conditions:

1. You have had your current phone for at least 12 months.

2. Your average monthly bill is $50 or over. If it is not, you must upgrade to such a plan.

3. Your current account balance must be paid.

4. You agree to sign a NEW two-year contract, and agree to not accept any equipment promotions for 22 more months.

5. You understand that this is a one-time courtesy.

This is the only current exception to the Upgrade Policy. Occasionally, Loyalty Management will look at your account, and take other factors into consideration, (average revenue, do you pay your bills on time, how long have you been a customer, have you ever been discoed for non-payment, how may lines are on your account, etc.) but stores have to stick by the Upgrade Policy, or the Early Upgrade Policy.

The next camera phone most likely to be released will be the Samsung a610.

6. KriegsCCX

KriegsCCX Junior Member

GoodmanR --

Please don't ask the same question in 3 different posts. It gets redundant.

7. BNW

BNW Junior Member

On June 10th I went into a Verizon store and the manager told me about the VX6000 and the phonescoop.com thing and he said the phone would be released June 15th. I show up June 15th, NO PHONE, he said late June ealy July. My 10 months was up on the 24th so I appeared in Verizon again and the employees couldn't tell me anything as if this was a military matter and they would have to kill me if they told me. I finally found a friendly employee right as i was about to buy a Samsung A530 and he told me to not buy it so I said "WHY!" and he said come back in a week or two. He told me that they have the phones in the back but he isnt allowed to show them to anyone and that he knows a release date, to come back in a week or two. So how 'bout you guys stop telling everyone it is in the testing phase and it won't be released until September! Most stores had this phone ready for release around June 15th.

8. rappo

rappo Junior Member

Ok, I was $20 off, don't shoot me. I just got off with a Verizon rep. in Cali. and she says July 8th also. But couldn't find info on the price. I'll go with KrieggsCCX's numbers though.....

9. CellPhoneAddict

CellPhoneAddict Junior Member

i JUST got back from the verizon store here in oceanside NY (on Long Island). I now have most of the the details on the vx6000. He said it will cost $199.99. It will come with a 50$ mail in rebate. Theres a 90% chance its going to be out this weekend (July 5 or 6). The picture quality is superior to most phones. and the size is almost the same as the t720. i am EXTATIC and am going to buy this phone this weekend. i hope this helps...

10. huedaephone1

huedaephone1 Junior Member

I was at verizon store in fullerton california and the rep there told me they will get the vx6000 this friday. He said it will be $200 dollars with $50 mail in rebate. I asked him how much the full retail price will be and he told me $329. I was disappointed because only way I can get the phone is pay full retail price. I still have vx4400. If I can't get rid of 4400 I am stuck with it. Oh well, thats the way cookie crumbles.

11. luckydenvermint

luckydenvermint New Member

sorry bro... that blows. but ya know what, the 6000 will be sooooooo worth it.

*cheers mate*

12. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You could always sell your 4400. You should be able to get some of your money back that way.

13. KriegsCCX

KriegsCCX Junior Member

That's what I plan to do...

14. thavwman

thavwman New Member

Ok, so I called my local Verizon kiosk to see what they knew about the vx6000. They said that they had it there in hand, and I could come and check it out if I wanted to, but they were not allowed to sell any of them until July 8th. How much does that suck???? Have it just down the street, but cant own my one until next week [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. LGguru

LGguru New Member

VX6000 Was approved by Verizon, it should be available soon.

16. huedaephone1

huedaephone1 Junior Member

Ok so how do I sell the phone without selling the plan?

17. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Your phone is not tied to your plan, so just buy the 6000 for full price when it comes out, add it to your account, thus making the 4400 inactive. Then you just sell it! [​IMG]

18. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    huedaephone1
    sell it for no less that $179 unless you treated it bad and if you have everything in like new condition then you should have no prob getting rid of it

19. p0rsha911

p0rsha911 New Member

Hey Y'all-

I called my local VZW store today and the date was confirmed that the VX6000 will be released on Tuesday, July 8. I'd say get that and get rid of the 4400...You may regret not doing it in the future..[​IMG]..Good luck.

-Chad

20. crazyitalian

crazyitalian New Member

Hey well according to verizon this phones definatley coming out this week for sure. I was out asking information on n e new phones and they said this week they will have them. I currently am going to check wednesday to pick 1 up because my phones faulty and i paid 125 bucks for it do the deals gonna be 299 i belive with a 50 dollar rebate. ill let you know for sure. But the phones supposed 2 work awesome.