Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

voyager question

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by mikewho, Mar 8, 2009.

1. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

a neighbor of mine has verizon and wants to get mobile tv to be able to watch college basketball this month. He asked me if a phone like the voyager would require an added data package beyond the 39.99 for minutes and the $15.00 for the mobile tv. I wasnt sure if the voyager would require a data package on top of the $55 charge since all he would want is the tv feature so figured i would ask here. Hes just thinking it may be similar to the iphone where you have to have a $30 data plan. thanks in advance.

2. mary1124

mary1124 Junior Member

I believe the mobile tv package is a monthly fee of $25.00. The $15.00 is for vcast, so you can watch videos and browse the web but not the tv.
    My son bought a voyager leat year and used the mobile tv service. After the "newness" wore off, he decided vcast for $15.00 was adequate for the videos & web browsing.
    I do know when he got the voyager, we had to change the family plan to a Nationwide Select plan from the America's Choice Family Select.
    Hope this helps.