Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Volume on the T720

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Craptain, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I really don't post here anymore because it just seems like the same old questions.

BUTTTTT...

I was messing with my t720 and decided that I would drill out the holes for the earpiece speaker. I used a 3/64 inch drill bit to drill out both of the elongated depressions and the volume increased quite a bit. (I think the speaker on the left is for the ringer, so it is not necessary to do that side) If you attempt this, I would suggest that you take apart your phone with a T6 torx screwdriver. For me the volume used to be at max all of the time, but now I lower it two notches. Now I can hear my phone, as 50 cent says, "in da club" [​IMG] I understand that it is not very scientific... Just thought I would share.

2. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yeah, I heard about that modification some time ago on HoFo, but I didn't want to risk it. Glad to hear that it works. Is it very difficult to take the phone apart?

Ceno misses you btw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Decepticon Air Commander

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I took the T720 apart once. It was easy except for the flip, that part was a biatch.

4. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Taking it apart was a beotch, but you really don't need to take the flip off... just take the guts of the top part off and it gives you enough room.

I was a little worried while taking it apart, but taking apart phones is like crack to me.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The craptain is back. I think I saw your car (and perhaps you) while I was out over around Hudson st near campus one Saturday or Sunday afternoon. How many dark purple Mustangs are there in the OSU area?

6. thesupe87

thesupe87 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yeah I havent been on here much lately either - I thought about doin something like that to the speaker -thats a great idea. Got any pics of how it looks now? does it look bad? Thats the one thing about the t720 is that sometimes certain ringtones aren't that loud at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. t720

t720 Senior Member

Yeah...especially the polyphonic ringtones...those ones are especially quite...

Good example: The Simpsons ringtone I just recently got. You can barely hear it on top volume in a silent area. Looks like it's time to rely on the good ole' Siren ringtone...geez is that thing annoying...[​IMG]

8. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Siren? hehe thats not as loud as the Scream qcp ringtone, man this thing is loud, you just hear this chick screaming and it totally knocks the socks off of you!

but yeah cool stuff craptain, if i wasnt intending to sell my t720 after my contract is over, id drill the hell out of it

9. motoT720man

motoT720man New Member

Speaking of taking the phone apart-

I have a lot of dust underneath of the screen (internal, color one) and its really annoying me - is that hard to take care of??

-Frank

10. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    That part is a piece of cake... just 4 T6 torx screws and you can clean under it. I'd use something that is very soft or even just blow the dust off.

As for how it looks, it isn't going to win any beauty contests, but it gets the job done. The thing that seems strange to me is the ringer speaker actually faces the opposite direction of the M logo on the face. Since I drilled both sides I can't just cover the little moto logo to muffle the ringer.... Oh well, I'd like to play a little more with the ringer speaker... possibly reverse the direction to increase the volume? The volume of the ringer is VERY loud when the phone is open. I think I'll wait to modify things more until December when my contract is up [​IMG]

I wish I could help you guys out with a picture, but I haven't been able to get my scaner to work with Linux [​IMG] Oh well. If you could imagine what your phone would look like with those two indents drilled out that is all it is.

I can't imagine too many purple Mustangs around campus [​IMG] if the one you noticed had chrome rims and tinted windows... that would be me.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I can't imagine how you missed my car...POS 1990 Honda Accord with UF stickers on it. [​IMG]

12. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    there's a nice picture of the T720 in a clear housing where you can see the speakers

clear t720 housing

Craptain- from the picture above, the speakers look different, the left looks silver and the right looks black, could they be the same but one turned around? could we be looking at the back of one speaker, perhaps the left one?

13. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Thats cool, but for some reason it doesn't look anything like mine.... ?

That almost looks as though the right speaker is missing??? I dunno [​IMG]

but I DO know that my phone looks quite a bit different... both speakers look kinda like the yellow"ish" one in the picture and the metal that you see is also different from my, dare I say, version?

I really wish I could get a picture for you, sorry.

14. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    also for me the ringer is the left speaker FOR SURE [​IMG]