Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicestream Text and Voice Messages

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by NokMotVstream, Jul 26, 2002.

1. NokMotVstream

NokMotVstream New Member

With AT&T, Verizon etc., a voicemail alert is shown. But Voicestream voicemessages are shown by the SMS service. This happens on all phones in the company. Is there a way to change the way i recieve voicemail alerts?

Thanks

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    nope. for whatever reason this is what they chose to use. In the former Powertel areas, they do use the VM tape icon...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It depends on the voicemail system. They need to upgrade their Voicemail system so you can get alerts using the tape icon instead. Unfortunately, this is something that cannot be fixed with a phone call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's not an upgrade needed AFAIK (VS just did that to former Omnipoint customers and transitioned everyone else to the same system.) It's a choice. VS uses Glenayre, and other carriers do as well. I've never heard the reason why, but I think they can use the tape icon today if they want to.

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, it is a choice in the sense that they chose to use that VM system but it is not something they can configure to show one icon or the other in customer's phones. The reason I called it upgrade is that once it is done it works with the standard icon and not one that is not intended for it. They have to change the VM system in order to change the icon used. When Cingular was Cellular One here in NJ, they used the old system and the notification icon was the SMS envelope and it didn't work everywhere. When they changed to the newer system, the proper icon appeared and VM notification works everywhere now. Sounds like an upgrade to me.