Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

voicestream/t-mobile covereage in CT 203 area code?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

anyonme know how the voicestream/t-mobile covereage is in CT 203 area code?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

It varies. I live in Northern Fairfield County near I-84. We have very marginal VS service. I think it depends on the phone. Some friends phones don't work at our house, others do.

It's fine along I-95, I-84, and the Merritt. OK on Rt 8. Not as good on Rt 7. Worse the further away from the roads you get.
    NIMBYs are keeping it and everybody else out of the other towns.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i realy wanna get that "get more plan" the $40 with 500 minutes sounds great to me and so many features included, but i also would liek to be able to use the phone

4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Try it out, you get 72 hours.

5. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

find out about sprint in the area the plans coming out on sunday are just as good and better.

also i have heard that verizon is good with coverage in CT and they have some nice promos going on now. just ask some people around the area you see on cell phones how they like their service and go on that as well.

6. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    I'm not trying to sway anyone, but I'm using Verizon in central and eastern Connecticut and have had great service. My brother has Voicestream and it works well for him in the Hartford area(although he is still using a TDMA phone so it may be different with a GSM model). I say give VS a shot and if the service stinks, you usually have atleast a 7 day grace period.

7. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

he is using a voicestream TDMA phone? i didnt know voicestream had TDMA service anywhere at all.

8. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream doesn't have TDMA service, so that is GSM that his brother is using.

9. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Mooby, VoiceStream has never had a TDMA network. VoiceStream is GSM only and the return policy is only 72 hours not 7 days.

10. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Really? I guess it is a GSM phone then. It looks like a Nokia 51xx series so I assumed it was a TDMA phone. In any case, it seems to work well in Hartford but Fairfield county may be a different story. From my experience, Verizon seems to be the best in most of New England but I still think you should give voice stream a try to see if it meets your needs.

11. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

VS coverage is fairly good in the CT cities (Stamford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Waterbury, New London), but in the wooded areas, spotty.

Even in North Stamford, 6 miles from downtown, dead areas and dropped calls abundant. If you drive up Route 7, spotty. go north past Danbury, into Litchfield county, forget reliability.

Verizon is the best coverage, analog fallback, nearly 100% of the state with a signal in APMS or CDMA or both, and you can count on it.

Unless you NEED a triband-worldphone, go with Verizon. The Northeast Corridor coverage is particularly good. Excellent, in my experience.

12. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    Voicestream only gives you a 72 hour tryout period, but thats good you will suffer less and you can go the Verizon store sooner.

13. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    let me correct my last statement (you can go to the Verizon store sooner).

14. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

ok im the one who started this thread and i decided to sign up and get a real name on this forum. i have cingualr right now and the coverage is great for me. southern CT. i do not need teh worlphone but voicestream seems to have a good service over there with the plans and what you get with the plans. whats the "tryout period with verizion" i kinda wanna chekc out that V60i. lol

15. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon is 14 days to cancel if you don't like the service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...