Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

voicestream in santa barbara

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

my verizon contract ends this september, i saw this messages about voicestream. according to the site, they got signal here. but i was gipped by cingular last time, so anyone in santa barbara with voicestream gsm? i particularly need full signal strength in goleta and ucsb area.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I would go with AT&T in Santa Barbara. They are likely to be the best there.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you wasn't happy with Cingular's coverage area in the past chances are you won't be happy with VoiceStream as they are going to be using Cingular's tower in California. For right now Cingular/VoiceStream are going to give you the same coverage.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

w/ 1000 anytime minutes no long distance free weekends ; how can you go wrong?[​IMG]

5. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    When your phone says "No Signal" all those anytime minutes aren't going to do you a bit of damn good.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

yup, free phone with unlimited minutes are useless if you get busy signal. i got this before with cingular.

i didn't realize that voicestream will be sharing with cingular. but why do they even bother if the network can't handle the current problems. this sharing deal doesn't make sense.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<< my verizon contract ends this september... i particularly need full signal strength in goleta and ucsb area. >>

How is the Verizon coverage down in Santa Barbara? Is it good?

8. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

You will be happy with Voicestream (T-Mobile)'s coverage over Cingular, yes they are using the same infrastructure, but millions and millions of dollars, $450 million by Cingular alone, not to mention what Voicestream has put into it, for the network to be optimized, spectrum added, added towers, and more. You will not see the Voicestream name, you will only see the T-Mobile name out there, because the name is changing from Voicestream to T-Mobile, and the first launch of T-Mobile was in fact today in California and Nevada.
    Yes, one of the rate plans is:
    Nationwide Plan:
    1000 anytime minutes
    UNLIMITED Weekends
    I think UNLIMITED nights too
    Free Long Distance & Free Roaming

Nobody, and I mean nobody beats that.

9. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Aiwapro I know which plan you are talking about it's 1,000 anytime minutes plus free weekends for $39.99 a month. Unlimited Nights are NOT included.

Still its a good deal not everybody needs night minutes. I think their might be a option to add nights to that plan for a additional fee but I'm not sure.

10. scarman

scarman New Member

FYI the unlimited nights is only offered on the 3000 minute regional plan with CA and NV as the calling area nights begin at 7pm and go to 6am this feature will cost you an additional 2.99/mo

11. scarman

scarman New Member

Have to retract that last post the unlimited nights does not show as being offered on the web site anymore pretty weird I could have swore I saw it earlier today anybody else?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I cant picture Voicestream's service being better than Cingular. Probably not even better than At&t's supposed gsm network. Voicestream would have to get the 'ok' and take care of 'red tape' before it can have an independant network. At least one of Cingular's size. Let's face it: Gsm companies in california NEED Cingular in order to function.

13. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

<< Have to retract that last post the unlimited nights does not show as being offered on the web site anymore pretty weird I could have swore I saw it earlier today anybody else? >>

It was there. They have been changing and updating the website like every hour.

14. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I saw the unlimited nights option on the new T-Mobile website although it didn't say how much it was and which plans you could add it to.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<< When your phone says "No Signal" all those anytime minutes aren't going to do you a bit of damn good. >>

KOOL, THEN 1000 IS STILL 1000 NOTHING REMOVED...[​IMG]

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Cingular and Voicstream Joint Venture coming???

17. sully67

sully67 New Member

[​IMG] I too am considering signing up on T-Mobile in Santa Barbara but worry also about them being too similar to cingular (bad coverage etc.). It would be good to hear from others in SB or So. Cal. who have taken the T-Mobile plunge.

I just wanted to second the first question on this thread as it seems it hasn't been answered directly.

Sully67

18. sully67

sully67 New Member

Anonymous, I'm curious if you are unhappy with Verizon service and coverage in Santa Barbara? I'm about to get my first cell phone and they are a leading candidate. Thanks

19. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm the original poster, well, verizon is great, it's just their phone is limited in selection. yeah i had pacbell now cingular, it was bad. my friend at school has cingular, it has never work.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

verizon coverage in goleta is very good. i live at the back of a canyon and can get a verizon signal no problem.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

sully if you gonna get a phone in SB, use verizon. at&t works but theirs is kind of expensive.