Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicestream in NY

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh yeah? How there's no Night Minutes? VS customers deserves Night Minutes.

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

You know what, this night minutes thing has come up soooo much, but the facts show that they have been doing just fine without it. The only reason why they are considering Unlimited nights now, is because there competition and their competition's customers are making such a big deal about it.
    Voicestream (T-Mobile) have been just fine without night minutes, adding over 1 million customers already and the year is only half way gone.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Jaime Lee Curtis says: VS customers don't need NIGHT Minutes.

VS customers says: We want NIGHT Minutes!

James Earl Jones says: for an additional $5.00 you will get Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes.

Wireless Advisor crowd says: Jaime Lee Curtis you loose by 2:1

4. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

VS says good buy to Jaime Lee Curtis. Cathrine Zeta Jones is the new spokeswomen for T-Mobile/Voicestream.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

VS says get more. $40 = 600 minutes + unlimited weekend - less coverage to noverage - no analog backup

All others $35 = 300 minutes + unlimited nights + unlimited weekend + extensive coverage + analog backup

Whats wrong with this picture?

6. aiwapro

These anonymous posters have no idea what they are talking about.

What's wrong with this picture

7. Guest

Guest Guest

These are facts. Tell us what is not true about this?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Lots of no service area. Limited coverage.

9. Xcoolrising122X

Xcoolrising122X New Member

When u guys say voice stream has no rural coverage does that include central LI cuz I'm looking into VS alot now

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Upstate NY.

11. Xcoolrising122X

So howz the coverage in LI??

12. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    You get more minutes that you can use ANYTIME

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You have to excuse me Jack, but I've always seen that as an excuse for not having night minutes. Just the way I see it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. aiwapro

It's not an excuse, it a fact. If you get more anytime minutes, htan you can use them anytime, even at night.

15. Xcoolrising122X

How about coverage on LI wahhhhh!!!! lolz

16. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    If night minutes are a big thing to you then the regional 3000 minute rate plan is a good choice

Jack

17. Guest

Guest Guest

They're not nationawide minutes and incurs roaming outside northeast region.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

OK, OK. Just my $.02. You have to check where you're going to use it. VS is NOT going to give you the coverage of Verizon or even AT&T; however, it is cheaper and intellectually more elegant so if it covers the areas you are interested in that's fine. For example, North Shore can be problematic because it's more difficult for companies to put up new towers. Parts of Huntington, Great Neck, Roslyn won't be covered; as well, Islandia is difficult as well. Building penetration won't be as good as the other carriers mentioned because VS uses 1900 vs 800 for the others (example: I can make/receive calls on Verizon from my basement where I couldn't with VS). The OTHER part of the equation is the phone you choose; the sexier ones (in particular the Ericssons) don't seem to have the RF performance of, say, the Motorolas (P280).

In sum: if the lower rates are significant to you then it MAY be possible to get by with VS on LI as long as you restrict yourself to areas in which you KNOW it will work with the phone you choose. However, if you would really like to have the security blanket of 800 operation and analog fallback you'd best go with Verizon (or ATT).