Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicestream in Cambridge, MA?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JazzyJess, Jul 22, 2002.

1. JazzyJess

JazzyJess New Member

I am a happy Sprint customer in NYC, but I am moving to Cambridge, MA and I have heard repeated warnings of how awful their service is there. After investigating the other options - Verizon, AT&T, Cingular, and Voicestream - I decided that Voicestream is the best value, in terms of plans and phones (I didn't realize how two different companies can charge such varying prices on the same phone!). But my question is whether Voicestream might potentially have the same service problems in Cambridge - is anyone out there familiar with this? Also, if someone has a particular view on a different company with a good plan there, I'm happy to hear advice. Thanks!

2. scotty

scotty New Member

jazz, i can tell you for sure that voicestream is the best value when it comes to nationwide plans in boston, and that phone prices are competetive. service is good as well, however be careful cause you will hear different things from everybody as far as service. So do yourself a favor, hold on to your sprint phone, and once you get there activate a voicestream phone at the cambridge side gallaria mall(there is a corperate store there) and take advantage of their trial period to see if it out does your sprint phone....let us know how it goes!

3. CaliphoniaBoy

CaliphoniaBoy Senior Member

I roamed a lot on the voicestream/t-mobile network in Boston and Cambridge. It seemed to work very well (as a matter of fact I was jealous after comparing it to my hometown bay area network).

However, I would still agree with Scotty that it is best to get a phone and check it out for your real life needs. I have seen a company store right at Harvard Square. There is nothing worse than not having good reception in your appartment...

C.