Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

voicestream coverage in CT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by gisela, Aug 28, 2002.

1. gisela

gisela New Member

I have been reading a lot of these threads in hopes of finding my answer. I keep reading about Voicestream vs. Verizon etc. Right now I'm looking for the best coverage in CT that gives you lots of minutes for a good prices. I would like to go with voicestream even though I think Verizon probably has better overall coverage. My question is about GSM. The customer service rep told me that cingular has switched over to GSM and at&t is in the process. So I asked if that means that I am covered by all three services if I get the plan that gives you free roaming and LD and he said yes. Can someone verify that this is true? Thank you in advance for your answers![​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You can roam on Cingular GSM, but not AT&T. Voicestream has the largest GSM network in the US. Cingular GSM roaming only works in the Carolinas, as VS has service everywhere else that Cingular offers GSM.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    if you want the best coverage in ct. go with verizon. sprint ,att and cingular have decent coverage also. voicestreams coverage has improved but is still spotty. it;s too bad, they have great plans.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

It depends where in CT you are....I have T-Mobile, Sprint and Verzion....No doubt Verzion is the best...Sprint is good too, bad C/S though. I am new to T-Mobile only about a month with them...But so far so good. I live in the NE corner of CT so the coverage is not the best....but once I get in the Putnam area I am pretty good.

I work in the Hartford area and I can tell you that the coverage on 84 from Union to Hartford is GREAT. Also coverage in cities such has Hartford, Manchester, New Britain is good. I have been happy with T-Mobile (Voicestream).

I don't think they have good coverage in the NW part of CT.

As for ATT and Cingular GSM. Att is supposed to launch GSM at the end of Sept. Cingular soon after that. I know Voicestream can roam off of Cingular....but the don't have an agrement with ATT as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.