Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicemail to email

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by randulo, Aug 5, 2012.

1. randulo

randulo Junior Member

Hi, I have a monthly no contract account with T-Mobile and was wondering if it's possible to send voicemails received (or at least notifications) to an email address. Maybe this is best done using Google Voice. Parts of the year we revert to the simple prepaid (no monthly or daily fee).

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I've never used Google Voice, but I know that YouMail will send your voicemails as an Email attachment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. randulo

randulo Junior Member

They don't appear to work with T-Mobile at all.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I don't see how they can't work with TMO. They give you a voicemail access number. You set your phone to forward all unanswered calls to that number. If you have call forwarding, it will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    You can use GV, or if you want more control you can build your own home PBX on an old pc or virtual pc using asterisk and freepbx. You can integrate Google voice easily or use sip trunks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

6. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Google Voice works for me.....as does my MagicJack but I don't find it to be too dependable.

7. coy84

coy84 New Member

Is it possible to redirect the call forwarding to Google Voice Number instead of Tmobile default one? Last time I checked they can disable call forwarding from their side not from your phone. Secondly you cannot call forward to any number. This limitation is for Monthly 4g users only.

8. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I have a T-Mobile To Go account and it's not possible to change voicemail call forwarding on that one at all. Not the number, nor the delay. You certainly can't do that from the phone and CS once told me they couldn't do it either. Don't know for sure if the monthly accounts are set up the same way or not.

9. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Voicemail to email is a nice option to have. I have it through AT&T, and i think it's $3 a month. It something that T-Mobile should add.

When my wife and I go overseas, we always get a local SIM card. Then if anyone calls our AT&T phone number, we get an instant email notification and it processes the voicemail to text

10. coy84

coy84 New Member

I got my conditional forwarding to change from tmobile vm to google vm. But when I tried calling from another phone I am immediately got a busy tone. Had to revert it back.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2