Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicemail Technical Question

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by email4kh, Dec 9, 2006.

1. email4kh

email4kh New Member

Hi,
    How is it that a message can be left in my voicemail box without any indication of a call being left anywhere else? No missed calls. No incoming calls. Nothing noted on my bill.

Help would be appreciated.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you receive a call that is routed directly to VM, either because your phone wasn't receiving signal or because it was off, you can receive a VM without showing an incoming call.

Also, depending on what VM system Alltel uses where you live, it may be possible to leave a message in your inbox without even placing a call to your subscriber account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The second option that Moto is discussing is to directly dial the Voicemail center, at which time it will ask you to either log into your "service" or leave a message for a number. I've done this a few times out of my own voicemail system with Cingular, deposited a message for a friend kind of as a surprise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. email4kh

email4kh New Member

Thanks, all. I think direct dial into the voicemail center is the likely scenario. I'm completely newb, so forgive me in advance, but I've never seen any reference to Alltel's VM center number. To check my VM, I dial my own number and press an access key. The actual VM center number never shows. Any suggestions on where to find that specific number, assuming there is one?

5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    There should be an option after you're logged into your VM to "send another user a message," or something like that. They would have to be an Alltel customer, but once you're logged in, play around with the options and see what you can find. Alltel uses several different VM systems in their markets so it would be difficult to tell if your options are the same as the options on my Alltel phone.

6. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    That option is in there, but I can never remember where it is, it is buried so far into the menu. But I tend to use that when i know the other party is busy...ie school or work.

7. phreebyrd

phreebyrd New Member

I have discovered, in a few different cases, that the VM center can be accessed by dialing <area code>-<alltel prefix>-9999 i.e. 231-730-9999. It doesn't always seem to work for every alltel prefix, though...

8. CellKill

CellKill New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    In most cases <arecode+prefix+9999> is going to be someone's active phone #. To leave a message direct to voicemail, the user usually needs a premium vmail feature (which costs a few dollars a month) instead of just basic vmail.

9. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Not necessarily. You can call alltel tech support and get the "back door number" to the voice mail system. then, enter the 10 digit number and leave a voice mail in their box.

10. gruss

gruss Member

My Phone:
    V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    This used to happen to me on sprint all the time, about 60% of my calls went straight to VM even thouhg the phone was on...the GSM fanboys say its inherent with CDMA ;) although I have not had that happen to me with Alltel.
    You may have been in a fringe reception area or as mentioned above someone left it in your VM box without calling, I cant find that option now but I think that it was an option when I was in MI.

11. budone

budone Junior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I (for most people depending on the time of day) will leave a message directly in their VM.

At least in MI, you call into VM using your number, then enter ** then *2 at that point you can enter the subscribers number and leave a message directly.