Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Voicemail prompts are gone!!!!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Telekom, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    I read it in one of the tech blogs and can confirm that those superfluous prompts to "press 5" for a page, etc. are now gone. You can still instruct callers to press 5 if you wish to be paged, but the prompt from the voicemail system is now gone! When you reach voicemail now it now immediately goes to the tone so you can make whatever recording you like without the extra prompts. I have shortened mine to "this is Joseph, please leave me a message."

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    When did this happen? I also noticed that when I ported my number from Verizon back to T-Mobile, I do not have an option 2 to send a voicemail to another T-Mobile customer. But for an older prepaid account, that option is still there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Telekom

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I have no idea when it happened. I only know about it from reading it in a tech blog and then I tested it out myself.

4. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Were you able to resolve this? I still have my prompts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Telekom

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Perhaps you need to tweak one of the options. Go to your voicemail press option 4 (mailbox options) then option 6 (prompt level.) Perhaps that's what you need to do. To test this I had to call my number from another phone to see what callers get when they call and encounter my voicemail.

6. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That could be what occurred, something might have reset causing the prompt level to change.

I still don't have the option 2 to send a new voicemail on the $30/unlimited data/100-minute plan I have now, but an older number on the $2.00/day plan, still does.