Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Vocestream helping Cingular's network????

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What effect will Voicestream's added spectrum have on Cingular's network? Less busy signals? Less dropped calls? More signal? Anyone???

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think that's still pretty much unknow. Some say Cingular will benefit by this while others say they won't. My guess is that VoiceStream will have the best service of the two.

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cingular has upgraded their base stations to handle the additional capacity, and their will be more spectrum in many places which will help too. From what I've read, none of these improvements were supposed to go online until T-Mobile lanches, which is next week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I agree with Matt and also Larry. I have seen some reports from Cingular customers about having better service within the last few months. I beleive that this is as good as it gets for Cingular. Everything that was added and intended to help out the Cingular network has already probably been turned own, and that's why they are having a little better service now. Everything that was added and intended for Voicestream (T-Mobile) will not be turned on until their launch, and when that is turned on, it will hold Voicestream's own customers and not help Cingular out much at all. The only way that it will help Cingular, is by keeping Voicestream's customers on their own spectrum for the most part. It won't benefit Cingular customers too much.

5. spyder22

spyder22 Junior Member

pretty much all of you are wrong. in the joint venture between cingular and voicestream (t-mobile), in bothe the CA/NV and NYC markets, bothe companies are using the same bts's, bsc's, msc's, and spectrum blocks. T-Mobile wanted to get into the CA/NV market and Cingular needed the spectrum that they won in the last FCC auction. And Vice-Versa for the NYC market. With the added revenues to both markets...there will be a substantial growth of both systems. In CA/NV T-Mobile customers will never know that they are really using the Cingular Network. T-Mobile will never control the BSS side just the NSS side on a national platform level. That is unless T-Mobile buys Cingular...............