Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Virgin Mobile UT Starcom Arc Picture Messaging Problem

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by SqueedlySplooch, Jun 7, 2010.

1. SqueedlySplooch

SqueedlySplooch New Member

My first and only cell phone is the UT Starcom ARC under Virgin Mobile's Texter's Delight plan or whatever, I got it about a year ago and, at first, everything was fine. I sent a picture at some point, I was able to receive one and then I sent another...After that, I was no longer able to send or receive picture messages. I also cannot receive sounds or ringtones after receiving one. Maybe it's something to do with the MMS setting, but how should I know. D: I've been trying to get my mom to call Virgin Mobile to see what they could do, but with the reviews I've read about their service and help...I don't think it would do much good. So, please, help? ...This is the third forum I've posted this on. Make it my last, please. D:

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sorry to hear about your problems with your ARC. The only advise I can give you would be to turn the phone off, and turn it back on. Or pull the battery out while the phone is on, wait 30 seconds and put back in. Then turn it on again, and hopefully the bugs will correct them selves.

VM locks their software up tight on their phones, so no setting can be changed. Plus UTStarcom isn't known for quality phones, being you have had your phone a year it's probably on it's last legs. SO bugging you mom to call VM is your best bet. If they can't/won't do anything. Just go pick up a new VM phone at a local store and activate it to your existing account. :)

3. SqueedlySplooch

SqueedlySplooch New Member

Okay, I've tried simply turning it off before and I just tried taking out the battery. Neither worked, but thank you anyway. ^^ I sent a message to Virgin and they have yet to respond so I'll just see what they say too.

And I'm sure my mom would be against me getting another phone since this one is working just fine besides this. =. Especially since it stopped working with picture messages a few weeks after I got it. But yeah, I'll be trying to contact them and see, and if they don't help....I'll just have to live with it until the phone doesn't work at all. o.o Thank you! ^^