Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon's Roadside Assistance program

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by lady51, Nov 28, 2002.

1. lady51

lady51 New Member

Does anybody have any experience or opinion regarding the roadside assistance option from Verizon Wireless? My current motor club's annual fee is twice the price, but I don't want to switch if it turns out I can't get the help when I need it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

VZW's service, as well as Cingular's, Sprint's, etc. don't cover towing from accidents. They only cover tow service due to mechanical problems with the car. In other words, you aren't covered if your car simply gets stuck or has a crash. You can get roadside programs for $50 (I saw something at K-Mart) that cover everything. I feel that the non-inclusion of most towing services makes the thing the cell phone providers offer not worth it.

3. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    if your can not be safely driven after emergency service, a service provider will tow it to their station or 3 miles in any direction at no extra charge. that's what it says in the Roadside assistance brochure i have in front of me. I sell RA to people all the time and i have it myself. i would go for it it's only 2.95 month.

4. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

3 miles is not much, and like i said before they don't tow unless it's a mechanical problem (also in the brochure). I would go with AAA, Allstate, or the Roadside Assistance thing you can by as a card for $50 (I've seen it at K-Mart). Even though you're looking at about $15 more a year, you get more flexibility (covers the whole family, not just "who has the phone"), they cover all towing, and they usually tow up to 25 miles (3 miles isn't a lot if you're not close to home).

5. sjkeating29

sjkeating29 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon / LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    We filed a claim for US$100 for the cost of towing our vehicle. We received a claim number and followed all the procedures. This was in August of 2006. We filed five more times the latest being October 2007. To date we have received no check. The October 2007 filing came back with the envelope marked no such address.

During this past year a Verizon roadside marketing person called on day. We asked her about the fact that nothing had happened. Her response was that they had tired sending the check but it came back because they did not have the correct address. She said her computer did not connect to the claims computer and could not help us. However, one-week later marketing material arrived at our address. No check has ever been received.

6. Fred333

Fred333 Junior Member

My Phone:
    I would love an iPhone!
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That is a messed up story. I hope everything gets resolved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. carrie4ever

carrie4ever New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A950
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    $3.00 for single lines and $5.00 for Family Share Plan accounts
    Battery Boost
    Tire Service
    Fuel Delivery
    Lockout Service (up to $50.00)
    Mechanical Adjustments
    Extricating/Winching
    Towing

Just call VZW Customer Service 18009220204 or #ROAD from a Verizon phone.

The Roadside Assistance website is below:

Calling Features: Roadside Assistance

8. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    ^^^Sounds like you either work for them or you are a rep^^^

9. carrie4ever

carrie4ever New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A950
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    No, I am a Verizon customer and I have their roadside assistance....I've used it 3 times and I was satified each time. You can only use it 4 times a year though....