Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizons new rate plan?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by dansmom, Jul 23, 2002.

1. dansmom

dansmom New Member

I understand Verizon is ending it's 700min/$40 promotion at the end of the month. Does anyone have any inside info as to what the new rate plan will be? I am tempted to go for it but I want the 2235 phone and can't get a good deal on it with only a 1 yr contract. Also, I understand the 2335 is coming out soon. If so will the price of the 2235 drop?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

We don't even have that good plan (700 minutes for $400) here in NYC to begin with, but I do know that they will have new plans come August 1st. It may be better for some people like me, but maybe not as good as you're getting now. We shall all see in 1 week.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I think you added a extra zero there Joe0378. [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Where are you located dansmom? I'm looking for a new phone too and I'd suggest picking up a chinese newspaper at an asian supermarket if you have any close by. Flip through the paper till you find the cell phone ads and you'll see prices that are really low. For example, i've seen the LG VX1 advertised for as low as $58.

5. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Thanks TND...I meant to type $40...

6. Princess

Princess New Member

I live in Phx, AZ and just signed up with Verizon for 2 years. Just like you, I couldn't get a good deal with the phone on a 1 year contract. I signed a two year contract and they gave me the phone free. I had a choice between the Kyocera 2235, Kyocera 3035, or the Nokia. I think the reason they gave me the phone free is because I told them I had done my research and AT &T was giving me a free phone with a 1 year contract, free accessories, etc. I went ahead and went with the 3035 and am having some difficulty with the menu key. It is hard to handle. I was thinking of trading it in for the 2235. I did get the 700 minutes for $40.00 which I think is a great deal, beside voicestream. 3000 anytime minutes. However, voicestream does not cover the area in NM that I travel to. Verizon seems to meet my coverage needs and has decent service.

7. smartxtai

smartxtai New Member

well the 700 minutes isn't long distance. also the home area is only cali and nev, it's not national, that's why it's 700 min for $40